Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November!
Check BNN and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the forums or in our IRC channel.
The Bulbapedia mobile skin is currently in open alpha. If you run into any issues using the skin, please report them on the forums.

Category talk:Professors

From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Should Cozmo be included in this category? He doesn't study Pokemon, he studies meteorites . . . --Zeta 23:44, 13 September 2006 (UTC)

Personally I despise the title Professor as it is (ab)used in the English version of Pokémon, for various reasons:

  1. None of them teach at universities, indeed, we don't even know if there are universities in the world.
  2. 博士 hakase corresponds to a doctorate-holder, in other words, it is equivalent to Dr., not Professor. (Interestingly, the vast majority of professors are doctorate-holders.)

Oddly enough, the translation is inconsistent in that Fuji-hakase is, you guessed it, Dr. Fuji in the English version, not Professor Fuji.

In any case... do we really need this category? - 振霖T 10:48, 14 September 2006 (UTC)

I don't think so, since I think the intent was to simply have a listing of the four major Pokemon Professors (and maybe Ivy). That could be done with an info box. --Zeta 19:50, 14 September 2006 (UTC)