From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
The 2008-09 Modified format and the 2009-10 Modified format (informally called DP-on) is a former Modified format used for the Trading Card Game's Pokémon Organized Play division and the first Modified format to be used in sanctioned tournaments worldwide, as well as the first to remain in usage for more than one tournament season.
The 2008-09 Modified format was announced on June 6, 2008, and completed the transition from the EX Series to the DP Series, with all remaining EX Series cards being rotated out. It is also the first Modified format to be consistent across the world, with North America, Europe and Japan all using the DP-on format as of September 1, 2008.
On June 8, 2009, it was announced the format would remain in place for the 2009-10 tournament season, making it the first season not to involve a rotation of cards out of the format.
- North America and Europe: September 1, 2008-August 31, 2010
- Japan: September 1, 2008 onwards
- 2008 Battle Roads Autumn
- 2008-2009 City Championships
- 2008-2009 State/Province/Territory Championships
- 2008-2009 Regional Championships (U.S. & Canada)
- 2009 Battle Roads Spring
- 2009 National Championships
- 2009 World Championships
- 2009 Battle Roads Autumn
- 2009-2010 City Championships
- 2009-2010 State/Province/Territory Championships
- 2009-2010 Regional Championships (U.S. & Canada)
- 2010 Battle Roads Spring
- 2010 National Championships
- 2010 World Championships