2008-10 Modified format (TCG)
The 2008-09 Modified format and the 2009-10 Modified format of the Pokémon Trading Card Game (informally called DP-on and now referred to as Standard format) was a former Standard format used for Play! Pokémon organized play and in most sanctioned tournaments worldwide from September 2008 to August 2010.). It was the first Standard format to be used in sanctioned tournaments worldwide, as well as the first to remain in usage for more than one tournament season.
The 2008-09 Modified format was announced on June 6, 2008, and completed the transition from the EX Series to the Diamond & Pearl Series, with all remaining EX Series cards being rotated out. It is also the first Standard format to be consistent across the world, with North America, Europe and Japan all using the DP-on format as of September 1, 2008.
On June 8, 2009, it was announced the format would remain in place for the 2009-10 tournament season, making it the first season not to involve a rotation of cards out of the format.
- North America and Europe: September 1, 2008 to August 31, 2010
- Japan: September 1, 2008 to Unknown
Rotated in Japan
Diamond & Pearl Series
HeartGold & SoulSilver Series
- 2008 Battle Roads Autumn
- 2008-2009 City Championships
- 2008-2009 State/Province/Territory Championships
- 2008-2009 Regional Championships (U.S. & Canada)
- 2009 Battle Roads Spring
- 2009 National Championships
- 2009 World Championships
- 2009 Battle Roads Autumn
- 2009-2010 City Championships
- 2009-2010 State/Province/Territory Championships
- 2009-2010 Regional Championships (U.S. & Canada)
- 2010 Battle Roads Spring
- 2010 National Championships
- 2010 World Championships