Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Pikathychu!!!!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Pikathychu!!!/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Seriously oughta make less... crappy contributions. I dunno how old you are so I won't bring that into things, but seriously, stuff encountered ONLY by walking through walls and purposefully screwing with the game isn't really notable. TTEchidna 22:40, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
You've reached our 3-a-day limit on userspace edits. Instead of letting you go over and giving you an official warning, I figured I'd give you this heads-up. If there are more edits you need to make, they should wait until tomorrow. Also, try using the preview button to minimize the number of edits you make. Thanks! --RexRacer -talk 01:25, 18 October 2008 (UTC)
You have been invited to group: "Team Budew". This team consists of users new to Bulbapedia this year. Current group members include:
Grammar and spelling
...how many times have I used that heading? Anyway. You need to improve it. This is going on your Pedia talkpage and not News since it's easier access for Pedia. Shaymin. Not shamin. SHAYYYYYMIIIIIIN. Capitalize correctly. Spell correctly. Do it all correctly! Please. TTEchidna 09:09, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
Hello, Pika! I heard that you aren't liking the website very much. I'm sorry to hear that people are being mean to you. Whatever you end up doing, staying or leaving, I want you to know that Bulbapedia is not a hostile community. It's just a place where people who like Pokémon can help put other people who like Pokémon. If you don't want to stay then fine. Turn your back and let things resume normality, because when you respond to TTE's talk page then you are only getting more and more sucked into the drama. It sucks other people into the drama as well.
I guess what I'm trying to get at is this. Don't be afraid to stay. Tavisource and I can help you. You might end up becoming one of our best editors, who knows? And if you want to leave, then that's fine too. Just do one thing for me. Don't leave with any grudges. Thank you. --RexRacer -talk 03:43, 22 December 2008 (UTC)