Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Hello
- 3 Creating pages
- 4 Wi-Fi Problem
- 5 GSDS Is Possible
- 6 Palkia Is Belittled!!
- 7 Would Someone Please Help Me?
- 8 Personal pages
- 9 Please.
- 10 Re: Question
- 11 Link templates
- 12 Others' userpages
- 13 URGENT Torterra Problem!
- 14 You know, um...
- 15 Stop.
- 16 Problem logging in to Bulbagarden Archives
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Palkiajosh!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Palkiajosh/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
I can't figure out how to put pictures in my name (like Palkia's in-party animation)... :( ...Would someone please tell me?? :)
Hello, everyone looking at my talk page. So anyway, you can say just about anything to me on this page, except I ask you to please refrain from using bad language here.
Now, I have one question: WHY ON EARTH CAN I NOT CREATE MY USERPAGE!?!? It would be nice if someone could tell me. Palkiajosh 20:00, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
- No one can edit their userpage because they are locked. Too many people were editing their own userpage and not contributing to the main articles. I'm not sure when they'll be editable again.
- How is OMG a bad word?
- Your talk page isn't for asking for Pokémon trades. Go to the forums. --☆ケンジガール 20:04, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
Alright. I've just taken out the trade request.
And it's a bad word by Christian standards (or should be) Palkiajosh 20:09, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
I have another question: why can't I log in at Bulbagarden Forums??? Palkiajosh 20:28, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
- Don't remove comments, regardless of whether or not you're afraid of so-called "bad language."
- Did you create a separate BMGF account? Your Bulbapedia account can get you in to the Archives and News wikis, but for any other Bulbagarden site, you'll need a separate account. --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 21:02, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
First of all, I'm not afraid of bad language; second, I won't delete someone else's comments anymore.
Thanks for the info about the Bulbagarden problem. :)
And let's just drop the argument, OK, everybody? Palkiajosh 15:26, 8 July 2008 (UTC)
- Heey... Dialgajack doesn't sound too bad of a name. Not that there is anything wrong with "Palkiajosh". Oh, and "OMG" can be taken as "oh my gosh" if you wish. ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 15:41, 8 July 2008 (UTC)
Yeah, there is always that... Palkiajosh 15:49, 8 July 2008 (UTC)
And by the way, I'm 11. Palkiajosh 00:52, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
- That's cool. It's always good to see young people being constructive. ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 00:58, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
I have a legit (besides the Emerald copying glitch) shiny Nidoran♀! Palkiajosh 14:17, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
And has anyone noticed how you can't even go to someone else's userpage? Palkiajosh 14:19, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
- You should be able to view the user pages of people that actually have them. Anyone that joined after March won't have one. ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 14:24, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
I see. Thanks. Palkiajosh 18:43, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
I can't figure out how to put an imag in my name (like Palkia's in-party animation)... :( ...Would someone please tell me?? :)
Hi- I just read about Project DPODB. The tax thing was a joke, right? 0_0: Also, I kind of agree with BlueJirachi- this IS scary. Plus, what about me and the other newbes? The rules will suddenly change on us, and everything will be too complicated for me! Palkiajosh 21:24, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
And for some reason I can't link to the page I was trying to link to... My apologies. :(
- Project DPODB, oy... that's just epic stupid on the part of one Sailor Earth. I'd like to create a HoS here on Bulba itself for the epic stupid... maybe later, though. Bawile awaits. TTEchidna 23:05, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
What's an HoS?? Palkiajosh 20:13, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
It's probably just a rumour/lie, though...
Has anyone heard about the Pokémon Videogame Showdown?? Well, I placed as one of the FINAL FOUR (out of the final eight)!!
I'm going to the chamionships in Orlando!! Palkiajosh 23:23, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
- Lier:( I joined the Senior Division and I didn't get accepted:(--CoolPikachu! 23:34, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
Ohhh... Sorry to hear that... But what Pokémon would you have used? Palkiajosh 00:34, 13 July 2008 (UTC)
Does anyone want to see a page I started? If so, click here. And I'm not trying to be a showoff. I just want everyone to know its existence so that they can get information. Palkiajosh 18:52, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
HELP!! I messed up on the Evolution page!! I thought it was evolution METHODS I was working on, but it was STAT ADVANTAGES!!:( Palkiajosh 15:14, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
You did a good job with the championships thingy page you just made... but you need to categorize new pages. I added the Pokémon meta category to it. Next time, figure out what categories a page belongs in, and put them in as you make the page. Thanks, and again, not a bad job. --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 19:02, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
OOPS!!0_0 I forgot about categorizing... Heck, I don't even know how to do it.'_' Palkiajosh 19:11, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
- Just write [[Category:Whichever category fits best]] at the bottom of the page when you create it. Prefereably, there will be multiple categories, so list them on top of one another (although it actually doesn't matter). --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 19:12, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
Hi- I've been having problems connecting to the GTS. Has anyone else had this problem? Palkiajosh 20:37, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
GSDS Is Possible
Who here thinks that GSDS (Gold and Silver DS) is likely? After all, there are so many hints... Palkiajosh 21:14, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
I know. I was just wondering. Palkiajosh 21:36, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
Your comment goes in the Wi-Fi Problem section. Palkiajosh 21:46, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
Palkia Is Belittled!!
I'm angry, because Palkia recieves NO mention in the Pokémon DP manga and because it isn't in the 11th movie! I mean, COME ON Pokémon people, Palkia's a Legendary too! Palkiajosh 22:52, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
Whatever. I don't even have a forum account. Sheesh... Palkiajosh 00:36, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
- Then get one. --☆ケンジガール 00:37, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP BUGGING ME ABOUT IT!?!?!? Palkiajosh 22:21, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
- Because you're not supposed to list your complaints about what the Pokémon company is doing on Bulbapedia. --☆ケンジガール 22:25, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
Alright, alright, but CoolPikachu only needed to tell me once... And by the way, he needs to work on his grammar a little. Palkiajosh 22:29, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
Whatever. -_- Palkiajosh 00:38, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
Should you call a WHAT? o_0 Palkiajosh 14:44, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
I found out what you were saying. I wasn't whining. Sorry about my impoliteness. Palkiajosh 20:57, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
Would Someone Please Help Me?
I NEED HELP!! I cannot for the life of me put an image on my userpage. I have tried the procedure in 'Help: Editing' page, but all I got was this little box with an X on it, and when I tell the computer to 'show picture' it dosen't work!!! Palkiajosh 15:41, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
I was trying to put in 'Ani484MS.gif'
Palkia in the team menu. Palkiajosh 15:55, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
- Look at my userpage. Go to the section that says on hand. Do you want something like that?--Diamaster 15:59, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! Palkiajosh 18:13, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
- Oh, and also, don't make crap pages like DP98. There is absolutely no reason to do that. --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 01:20, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
Sorry. I forgot to put the User:Palkiajosh/ before the DP98. I wasn't sure how to get around that problem, so thanks for deleting it. Palkiajosh 15:09, 4 August 2008 (UTC) And I'll try to do something about that Turty page, too. I just remembered that. Palkiajosh 15:11, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
Please try to make less edits on the User:Space. Make fewer, bigger edits rather than loads of little ones. We don't want the server to over load again, do we? ;D Takoto タコト| サソデイ = 愛 15:30, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
Alright. Fewer, bigger ones. :) Palkiajosh 15:47, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
Hi there! I just wanted to say that Takoto is right and you really need to slow it down. I mean, the server just got fixed and your pouring on the edits. Please try to focus more on contributing to the site than your own personal page. Thats what MySpace is for. Mooites 16:13, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
I know. I get it. Please don't start bugging me a lot. -_- Palkiajosh 16:21, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
- If you get it, then why are you still doing it? We're not trying to bug you, we're just trying to keep the server from crashing again (and again and again and again and...). Just hold off on editing for a little while. You've done enough for now, don't you think? --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 17:48, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
- D: Oh dear! That really is a lot. I didn't realize he was doing THAT many Takoto タコト| サソデイ = 愛 18:37, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
Wow. I didn't know I was doing so much either. And I'm trying to cut back. I don't mean to be a userspace editing maniac. It's just kinda cool having the userpages back. Palkiajosh 19:43, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
I know about the preview button... What does that hve to do with it...? o_0 Palkiajosh 23:33, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
- It allows you to condense several edits into one. Instead of saving a bunch of little edits, you can use the preview button to see how each edit works and then save them all at once. --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 00:01, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
Ahhh... That makes sense... I forget if I did that before. Anyway, thanks! :) Palkiajosh 00:05, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
Yes, I am still heavily into the Bionicle franchise, been with it since the beginning and have pretty much every set. I recently did an exploration-based Bionicle web project for University, along with a Bionicle card game based on my love for the Pokémon TCG. Though the site is looking less likely it will be updated, I may just focus on the cards, as I enjoy doing them. Always nice to hear from a Bionicle fan :) ~~nuva-kal 11:03, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
You do not ever have permission to edit other people's userpages unless they specifically tell you that you can. Do not edit any other userpages other than your own or you may suffer the consequences. MoldyOrange 18:49, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
Sorry. I either forgot or didn't know. Palkiajosh 20:13, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
URGENT Torterra Problem!
Has anyone noticed that the DP sprite for Torterra has been disappearing from pages where it was visible before? The only place (I think) seems to be the sprites section on Torterra's page. Palkiajosh 01:11, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
You know, um...
Should I add that, too? -パルキアJosh 22:51, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
Do not edit the
User: namespace any more. In the past, we were not allowed to edit our pages at all because of users over-editing their pages. If you edit your page any more without making some edits to the mainspace, then the privilege for you to edit the userspace will be removed. This has been your final warning. ---- MAGNEDETH 00:33, 14 April 2010 (UTC)
Okay, I will. -Palkiajosh
Problem logging in to Bulbagarden Archives
I was going to upload a picture of the Wailord Poké Doll for the gallery of the Poké Doll article, so I went to log in. However, it said that the password was wrong. So I go to email a new password and it says no user by my name exists. So then I go to register, but when I submit the registration it says that the name Palkiajosh is already taken. Help? -•Palkiajosh•