The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Philadelphia on September 19th. Seats are limited, so be sure to book your tickets quick!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Jshadias!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. You will have to register separately for it, as well. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Jshadias/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Revocation of Powers
As you may have noticed, your administrative powers have been revoked. There was recently an executive decision made among several of Bulbapedia's top powers to purge the powers of inactive or semi-inactive administrators without announced hiatuses. You fall into the category of being either inactive or semi-inactive, and thus your powers have been revoked.
Several factors went into our reasoning. Mainly, though, we believe that there is only a certain amount of authority the administrative body as a whole can hold. Therefore, the more administrators we have, the more times that power has to be divided up. And the more times it's divided, the less authority each individual administrator can hold. Think of it as having a cake at a party. The more people that want a slice of cake, the smaller each cake slice is. We believe that the "cake pieces" should be bigger for active administrators and that inactive users shouldn't get any of the cake, so we decided to take back your piece of the cake, along with those of a host of other users.
So, don't be offended. It's more aimed toward giving the active sysops more power, not giving you less power, although it does have that side effect. As a whole, it will be good for the wiki. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or any other members of the Editorial Board. Oh, and feel free to come back and start actively editing again! You may just get your powers back. Thanks. --ニョロトノ666 03:21, 20 February 2009 (UTC)