The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Washington, D.C. on August 15th and Philadelphia on September 19th. Seats are limited, so be sure to book your tickets quick!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Talk:List of Pokémon by habitat
Would it be possible to come up with a list for the Gen IV Pokemon? --Dual 03:33, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
- No, as this feature is only present in FireRed and LeafGreen. Tina☆♥♫ 03:36, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
- I'm aware of that, but what I'm asking is if it would it be entirely impossible to come up with a list that designates Gen IV Pokemon into these pre-existing categories based on what we know about them? --Dual 05:55, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
- Fanwank is not considered encyclopedic, and guesswork on Generation IV habitats would be considered fanwank on Pokémon lines based entirely in Generation IV. Sure, it would be a no-brainer to include Tangrowth in a Grassland list since Tangela, its pre-evolved form, is there. However, putting something like Torterra in the Forest list would be a guess since there's no Generation III data to compare it to; I don't care how much of a forest Torterra resembles, there's no proof that it actually goes to the Forest category! --Shiningpikablu252 06:16, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
- Shouldn't be too hard to accomplish that if you look carefully, for example Grotle's Diamond Dex Entry states: "It lives along water in forests. In the daytime, it leaves the forest to sunbathe its treed shell." And since all Pokémon in the same evolutionary line belong to the same habitat. I'll come up with a list and put here in discussion, just for fun.
- I made a version of the list with the Sinnoh pokémon added. Some page numbers are off, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. Obviously, I may have made some mistakes, or suggestions for better groupings might be made, and I'm open to criticism. I haven't added justification, but almost all of it is based on the habitat entry on each pokémon's wiki page, its dex entry, or (more obviously) pre-existing family members already found in FR/LG. Hopefully this isn't too much "fanwank" as was previously alluded to. Here's the list. NikNaks 20:57, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- It's ok. I was going to do it anyway so I could order my boxes in Diamond. NikNaks 18:32, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
Can this page be renamed something that includes generation IV in its title? I find the title misleading to make one think it includes all pokemon instead of just the ones from generations I-IV.Micamike45 00:45, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
Looked at the first comment here and I just thought *falcepalm*. I mean, it is een stated that it's for Pokémon from Gen I-III!! NOT I-IV!! My habit of correcting people has been activated by you!! ARRGH!!TurtleLover1999 (talk) 21:22, 18 March 2013 (UTC)