|Due to special coding in place in the article, the artwork featured on this article will change every year on November 21 and October 15 in celebration of the releases of Gold and Silver in Japan, and Gold and Silver in the United States. This will only affect the artwork shown in the infobox. This changes every year, so when the time comes, to return to the page and change the display.|
Isn't there a Japanese legend about a fire rat, a rodent that had flames on it, as well? I remember hearing about it in a couple of places. Inu-Yasha, a TCG about Asian mythology, the Shin Megami Tensen series. I'm thinkin' that the entire line might be draw upon that legend. Can anyone back it up with the actual name of the creature?
My mother called Cyndaquil a fire mole. Is she wrong? Wimmah 05:01, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
Does your mum even play the game? Manga-in-a-bottle 05:10, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
Converting to Emerald Artwork?
I notice that the Totodile Page has been given artwork from Emerald, so should we do the same for Cyndaquil and Chikorita? --Ricco 00:11, 3 July 2008 (UTC) (Note: I did write this, I just forgot to tag it with my name. =P)
- Do those two have Emerald art? I haven't been able to find any. TTEchidna 22:29, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
- I notice on Filb.de when the background Pokémon on the top right corner changes, there's a different Sugi art for Chikorita and Cyndaquil than what we have now. So I'd assume that there is Emerald art for them somewhere. --Ricco 00:11, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
EV Yield Error
Hi, I noticed that the EV yield of Cyndaquil incorrectly states it as being +1 for Special Defense. Isn't it supposed to be for speed?
I think Cyndaquil's main picture at the top of article needs to be slightly bigger. Not the actual file itself, I mean the size of it in the table. Because it has been shrunk from the full-size file it looks distorted around the edges. Taromon 14:01, 4 December 2009 (UTC)
"Cyndaquil is the second starter Pokémon to be seen hatching from an egg in the anime, the first being Mudkip." wouldn't Misty's Togepi be the first pokemon seen to hatch from an egg in the anime? --Lulu chan126 22:17, 8 March 2010 (UTC)
Hey. I bred my ♂ Typhlosion with a Ditto, and upon hatching, Cyndaquil knew Overheat and Flamethrower upon hatching, with the father Typhlosion had. If needed, I could post a video or attach a picture. TheTheDragon14 01:59, 22 January 2011 (UTC)TheTheDragon14
- The baby will know any moves that the father knows that the baby can learn by TM. Werdnae (talk) 05:32, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
Except my Typhlosion learned Flamethrower by level. TheTheDragon14 01:59, 22 January 2011 (UTC)TheTheDragon14
- The games don't keep track of how the moves are learned, the important thing is that Flamethrower is a move Cyndaquil can learn by TM. Bluesun 06:44, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
I think that Cyndaquil is the only starter Pokemon with closed eyes. I am wrong? Geographik0903 22:59, 15 June 2011 (UTC)
- I dont think that is notable enough to be trivia, in my opinion. XVuvuzela2010X 00:00, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
- No, all pokemon look differant in shiny form. Truthseeker4449 15:37, 4 August 2011 (UTC)
- If you're talking about the backsprite, I believe that one of them is wrong. Looking at the image logs, people keep reverting the images between the two different sprites, though they've left the normal sprite as one and the shiny sprite as the other. It's not actually supposed to be like that. Also, you're not allowed to sign comments after you've made them. - Blazios talk 15:42, 4 August 2011 (UTC)