|Welcome to Bulbapedia, SadisticMystic!|
By creating your account you are now able to edit pages, join discussions, and expand the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia. Before you jump in, here are some ground rules:
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!
Things like templates must be approved before they can be used in the mainspace. Please cease implementing the tmeplate you created for the time. If you want to use it, ask someone properly. Tiddlywinks (talk) 23:22, 23 November 2018 (UTC)
- By the way, I moved the template to User:SadisticMystic/LGPEStats (just in case you lost track of it). Tiddlywinks (talk) 23:34, 23 November 2018 (UTC)
Hey, I just wanna make sure (since you put no edit summary): you do know for certain that there's no interaction between Power Split and Shell Bell in RSE? (I've been eager to know for quite some time.) Thanks. Nescientist (talk) 16:40, 18 March 2021 (UTC)
- Of course there's no interaction with Power Split, because Power Split doesn't exist in RSE! But there's nothing with Pain Split either: it doesn't count as dealing damage, and the Shell Bell indeed won't act upon it in any game. SadisticMystic (talk) 21:47, 18 March 2021 (UTC)
- As you know, there was no physical vs. special vs. status in Gen III. And "damage" wasn't particularly well defined (it hardly is today IMO).
- I may be off since it's all based off memory, but when I had a look at the Gen III disassembly regarding Pain Split some two years ago, I believe I was able to find "ah this means Counter won't work" and so on, but for Shell Bell, I just wasn't able. And while yes, it's probably more likely that I was just missing something obvious, hey who knows, let's just put the template there! After all, this is the exact same game that I had earlier found out counters HP Water with Counter but Weather Ball Water with Mirror Coat..
- Anyway, I'm still curious, and there's a chance I've gotten wiser, or luckier, or maybe the disassembly has gotten better. This probably needs more time than I have right now, though (as they say, reading through disassemblies can be quite the power in the ass!), so I think I'll try again this weekend. Nescientist (talk) 16:08, 19 March 2021 (UTC)
- Alright, I think I found the (or at least, one) reason why it wouldn't work: Pain Split sets this variable to a specific value, and that value has the Shell Bell routine do nothing.
- On the other hand, not sure if you're able to test this (which I'd appreciate), but I've added a research template and posted on Pain Split's talk page regarding Bide. Nescientist (talk) 16:10, 20 March 2021 (UTC)