From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Welcome to Bulbapedia, Ext!
By creating your account you are now able to edit pages, join discussions, and expand the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia. Before you jump in, here are some ground rules:
- Be nice to everyone. It's in the code of conduct.
- Make good edits. Preview them before you save to make sure they're perfect the first time around.
- Use wikicode and link templates when adding content to a page.
- Use proper grammar and spelling, and read the manual of style.
- You can't create a userpage until you've added to the encyclopedia. It's a privilege. See the userspace policy.
- Use talk pages to resolve editing disputes. Don't "edit war," or constantly re-edit/undo the same thing on a page.
- If you have a question about something, be proactive. Take a look at our FAQ. If you're still stuck, ask for help. The staff won't bite.
- Sign all talk page posts with four tildes (~~~~). This will turn into your name and the time you wrote the comment.
- For more handy links, see the welcome portal.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!
Please don't add Korean names for Trainer classes (and other things) that are exclusive to Gen I and Gen III. These games were never released in Korea, so those names are simply fanmade translation guesses. They are not official. --Maxim (talk) 07:22, 1 May 2014 (UTC)
OK, thanks for that note. Most trainer classes have been interactable in some form out of only Gen I and Gen III, though. For example the Burglar class was such. Ext (talk) 07:43, 1 May 2014 (UTC)
Yes, I'm talking only about those that are completely exclusive to Gen I and III (like Tamer, Engineer, Channeler, Expert, Kindler etc.). Also, some things (like locations) have official Korean names from manga and anime, so in order to evaluate whether a certain translation can possibly be official, one must check whether a certain character, location or object appeared in other media. If it hasn't, then the translation is fake. --Maxim (talk) 07:50, 1 May 2014 (UTC)