Category talk:Religion tags
Am I the only person who thinks these tags are a bad idea? I mean it's not bad to express your religion but to have a certain Pokémon represent it isn't right. So is this saying that Mew is an Atheist? Or Cresselia is Muslim? Also how come nobody made a tag for Catholicism? That religion is older than Christianity.
- Bad idea, yes. But better to not leave any one out.
- And the Pokémon representing them do so because they're reminiscent of the symbol in question: Cresselia is the crescent moon, Mew is evolution (which inherently represents atheism, because if we didn't come from deity X, where did we?).
- It's much like the browser/OS tags: does Ninetales represent Firefox? Not totally. Sure, it's a Fire-type fox Pokémon... but still. I'm not saying that the tags are a good idea, but they do link sometimes very unrelated religions to something that everyone here enjoys: Pokémon. TTEchidna 22:49, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
- To be fair, the Hindi, Buddhist, Christian, and Shintoist at least all have Pokémon that somehow directly represent an aspect of the religion. --Zeta 05:57, 26 September 2007 (UTC)
- Most religious people are perfectly capable of accepting evolution. It's only America that makes it a significant part of atheism.
- But that line of discussion just gets us into a religious debate which is the real threat here. --FabuVinny T-C-S 23:56, 11 October 2007 (UTC)
Look, if a Pokémon is used in the Tag for (for exemple) Muslim, what's the problem? Don't matter if it's a Pokémon or the Religion symbol, these Tags are to the users show the Religion that they believe.--Haruka uzumaki 19:21, 9 October 2007 (UTC)
No. Just no.
- We have political tags, and you seem to be okay with those. ShinyTalk | Contribs 01:34, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
- But I mean, like, I think people would get more offended with Religions than Politcal things... Tina☆♥♫ 01:37, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
- I don't think so. Who wants to talk about their religion on a Pokémon site? And I agree, why use Pokémon to represent a religion? I didn't use any of these tags because it's just kind of weird. Dialgarules 21:41, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
Out of curiosity what has Gallade got to do with Catholicism User: Vespitomb 10:43, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Can we get an Episcopal usertag made? --Galladeon 02:11, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
- I think they really need to put Protestant since there is Orthadox,Catholic and Christian and Orthadox and Catholic are [part of the] Christians. So unfair :(.....Taposa 09:07, 9 December 2011 (UTC)