From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Performing a Pathway to the Future!
Elle VS Serena! Open the Door to the Future!!
|| March 24, 2016
| United States
|| July 2, 2016
|| Team Kato
|| 面出明美 Akemi Omode
|| 冨安大貴 Daiki Tomiyasu
| Assistant director
|| 関野昌弘 Masahiro Sekino
| Animation directors
|| 毛利和昭 Kazuaki Mōri
| 篠原隆 Takashi Shinohara
| Additional credits
Performing a Pathway to the Future! (Japanese: エルVSセレナ！開け未来への扉！！ Elle VS Serena! Open the Door to the Future!!) is the 113th episode of the XY series, and the 912th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on March 24, 2016 and in the United States on July 2, 2016.
In the semi-finals of the Pokémon Showcase Master Class, Serena comes out ahead of Jessie and Shauna to challenge Aria for the crown of Kalos Queen! As Palermo watches, Serena gives a spectacular performance with all three of her Pokémon partners. But Aria successfully defends her title—and then asks Serena to perform with her again sometime!
Afterward, Palermo meets with Serena, who is clearly still fired up to become Kalos Queen. Palermo is impressed with her progress and offers to be her mentor! After some thought, Serena decides to continue her journey with Ash and the others for now—but Palermo says the offer is good whenever she’s ready!
|| This plot summary is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this plot summary to add missing sections and complete it.
- Serena defeats Shauna and Jessie in the semi-finals and moves on to the finals of the Gloire Showcase Master Class.
- Aria is revealed to own a Vivillon.
- Aria defeats Serena in the final round and keeps the title of Kalos Queen.
- Palermo offers to tutor Serena.
- Serena turns down Palermo's offer in order to continue traveling with her friends, although the offer remains open.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Aromatisse (US and international)
Pokémon Quiz: Serena's Braixen (Stage clothing) (Japan)
The title card segment focuses on Serena for this episode
- In the Japanese version, the title card segment focuses on Serena.
- Poké TV: "Performer News" focusing on Serena and her rivals.
- An instrumental version of Team Rocket's Team Song is used during Jessie's performance.
- Shauna's performance using Moonblast and Solar Beam is a hint at Pokémon Sun and Moon.
- DreamDream is used as the ending of this episode, with this version being sung by Serena's Japanese voice actress, Mayuki Makiguchi.
- It is also used in this episode as an insert song during Serena's performance in the final round.
- Serena's performance in the final round is reminiscent of the ending DreamDream.
- This is the last episode to air at 7:00 PM in Japan; starting with the following episode, new episodes will air at 6:55 PM on TV Tokyo.
- Clemont and Bonnie narrate the preview for the next episode.
- At the end of the preview, Bonnie says "Everyone, S'il-vous-plaît your brother!" instead of Ash saying his "Everyone, get Pokémon!" phrase.
- This episode aired a week before the United States in Flanders.
- During Serena's performance in the finals, when her Pancham uses Stone Edge on the ring of fire, he does it whilst doing a one-handed handstand though a split second later in the overview shot, his feet are on the ground.
- While in the dressing room after wining the semifinal round, Serena's shoes are colored orange instead of red.
- While in the dressing room following her performance in the finals, Serena at one point is shown with her gloves on despite having them removed for treatment of her wrist injury.
- In the dub before Serena's Performance in the Finals, Bonnie tells Serena to win it. In the original, she asks God to let Serena win.
- DreamDream is replaced with instrumental music in the dub during Serena's final Performance.
In other languages