From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
(Japanese: ヒガキ大会 Higaki Conference) is the Unova League general championship competition.
The conference is held in Higaki City. Competing Trainers are housed in lodgings in small villages similar to previous Leagues. The conference took place from BW103 to BW108 in the anime.
The opening ceremony consists of Freddy O'Martian jumping down from a helicopter and Officer Jenny lighting the League torch.
The preliminary round consists of one-on-one battles. All the 128 competitors are randomly matched up by a computer. The 64 winning Trainers move on to the next round.
The first round consists of Single Battles with two Pokémon used by each Trainer. The 32 winning Trainers move on the next round.
The second round consists of Single Battles with two Pokémon used by each Trainer. The 16 winning Trainers move on the next round.
The third round consists of Single Battles with three Pokémon used by each Trainer. The 8 winning Trainers move on the next round.
The final rounds are a series of Full Battles with the Top 8 Trainers participating. The winner of the Higaki Conference is the Trainer that wins all of the final rounds.
Trainers who have participated in the Higaki Conference
Virgil, the winner, with the Higaki Championship Trophy
- This is the only league featuring major characters of the day previously introduced.
- This is the only conference so far in which Charles Goodshow does not appear.
- This is the only conference since its debut that a Quilava does not appear battling in.
- This is the first league where Ash regresses in his league placement.
- This is currently the shortest league conference in the anime history, having only lasted six episodes.
- This is the only league which does not feature the Team Rocket trio, due to them having returned to Kanto.
- This is the only league in which Ash doesn't battle against a female trainer.