Difference between revisions of "User talk:Zhen Lin/Archive 1"
(→question reguarding Bulbapedia's Userspace policies)
|Line 311:||Line 311:|
:There are no formal rules, but obviously there will be some things that will result in administrative action. - [[User:Zhen Lin|振霖]]<sub>[[User talk:Zhen Lin|T]]</sub> 13:12, 30 April 2007 (UTC)
:There are no formal rules, but obviously there will be some things that will result in administrative action. - [[User:Zhen Lin|振霖]]<sub>[[User talk:Zhen Lin|T]]</sub> 13:12, 30 April 2007 (UTC)
::Alright, so basically, as long as I follow common sense (no making an entire encyclopedia-worth of subpages), I should be fine, correct? I just have some large items (a sortable PokéDex, namely) that I like having around for ease of use, but it's taking up a lot of space on my userpage (because it's long). Making a single subpage shouldn't be a big deal, I assume? And I'm sure if I go overboard (which I don't plan to do), it's not a hard job to simply delete it and give me a warning. -- [[user:Jioruji Derako|<font color="#237d00">'''J'''ioruji '''D'''erako.'''>'''</font>]] 15:45, 30 April 2007 (UTC)
Revision as of 15:45, 30 April 2007
- 1 Session
- 2 Edit count
- 3 Bureaucratic powers
- 3.1 Redirects
- 3.2 Do you need help?
- 3.3 Arabic
- 3.4 About Japanese edition of Bulbapedia
- 3.6 Pokémon physical data
- 3.7 The users registered by BulbaBot
- 3.8 Why are you welcoming yourself?
- 3.9 Just out of curiosity
- 3.10 List of Japanese Pokémon names
- 3.11 Sorry
- 3.12 Response
- 3.13 Sorry, got it now
- 3.14 Oneesan
- 4 Questions
- 4.1 Categories
- 4.2 Quick Question
- 4.3 A task for BulbaBot to do
- 4.4 Bulbabot Task
- 4.5 Images Crisis イメージクライシス
- 4.6 Help
- 4.7 copying from wikipedia
- 4.8 Just 2 cents
- 4.9 Pokémon links-Psypoke
- 4.10 Could you assess this TCG article format?
- 4.11 小さい誤植。
- 4.12 Moving Shinichiro Miki
- 4.13 Link templates
- 4.14 Template:MoveInfoBox
- 4.15 ?
- 4.16 ==My Status==
- 5 Sockpuppets?
- 6 Insults
- 7 I Like This Name
Has the session timeout length been shortened? Lately it seems like I turn around for a minute to do something else, and I suddenly have to log in again.( Again, you can just answer here). -- WikidSmaht 16:49, 19 March 2006 (CST)
Hi. A question: how do you made the edit count in your subpage? Regards, --Slade 02:31, 22 April 2006 (UTC)
I think I should be classified as a bureaucrat, not just a sysop. The "Authority" section of Bulbapedia:Editorial board says I should be one (as it stands now I can't revoke/give power). If you could change that, it'd be great. Thanks. --Argy 04:34, 30 April 2006 (UTC)
All right, I think overall redirects for episode titles are done. However, as long as I'm on this orienteering kick - would it be overkill to, say, have Episode 5 redirect to EP005, or Advanced Generation Episode 57 redirect to AG057? Or having redirects of the Japanese names of Pokémon to their English-name articles, both literal and romanized, like Sandopan and Sandpan redirect to Sandslash (Pokémon)? I mean, if so, I'll leave those things to BulbaBot, but... --Pie 18:57, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
- It's overkill for neither. All four sets of redirects you mentioned would be ideal. If I were new and I wanted to search for a particular episode, I wouldn't know to input EP### or AG### instead of just a number. --Argy 04:33, 11 June 2006 (UTC)
- The episode redirects I can do. I would love to do the Pokémon redirects - I'm always searching for the equivalent English names, but I don't have the lists in a database, so that will have to be done later. - 振霖T 07:08, 11 June 2006 (UTC)
Do you need help?
Do you need help with any article, I would be happy to help you with an article. I am best at editing parts related to the Video Games or Anime, if you want me to edit any article and help you, I would be very happy to do it for you. Helping others is a good idea, as it can get changes made quicker. If you want me to help, leave a message in my talk page. Thanks I Love Minun (talk) 19:25, 12 June 2006 (UTC)
- Quote from the Pokémon article on Wikipedia:
Pokémon has only belatedly made its way to the Islamic world, at this point, in Saudi Arabia. The driving point behind this factor is the belief that the trading card game promotes with cards. In most moderate Islamic countries, such as Turkey and Pakistan, it poses no threat. In Iran, for example, the game is relatively popular, and the Pokémon logo and characters are widely recognizable in much of the Muslim world.
- Anyhow this is the site where I took the data: http://www.montada.com/archive/index.php/t-239629.html
There are also other sites with the same informations, but, if you think they aren't reliable, erase them. N.B: I don't speak Arabic so I can't guarantee for them.
Kind of. The (Gameboy only) GAMES didn't come here for a long while, the cards are hard to find now but were everywhere before- The Pokemon anime was here for a LONG time, but stopped after Johto Journeys, we never got the dub of Master Quest for some reason. I don't know why... I can read Arabic. ^^ -reads- ... My, was that BORING. xDD; That guy kept going on and on about Contests and stuff. -blink- I didn't find any information about what you're talking about on that particular topic.
The name of the topic, by the way is 'Advice to Game-players of Ruby and Sapphire Part Two.' --Musashi
About Japanese edition of Bulbapedia
Thank you give me a messege.
I am interested in Japanese edition of Bulbapedia.
But A already have Japanese edition of Pokemon encyclopedia .
It use Mediawiki.
This wiki was named by me to Pokemon Wiki(ポケモンWiki).
But this wiki has some problems.for Example Bulbapedia uses "Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike" license,But Pokemon Wiki use no license.Of course,I think I admit use article of Pokemon Wiki to similar project.But Pokemon Wiki can't use same license.so,I think they can't admit use article of Bulbapedia and similar project to Pokemon Wiki.As other example Pokemon Wiki cannot help using web sarver space with advertisement.So,It can't use NonCommercial license. But if you want to connect link. Please write my page FPU.
P.S Mediawiki cleared same message when I clicked preview.I write short it again--FPU 16:21, 14 June 2006 (UTC)
It's not a major concern to me personally if I can have custom JS or not. The main reason that I wanted it was the lack of a Redirect button on the article edit toolbar (like there is over at Wikipedia). If you allow user JS, great, if not, that's fine with me too. --TwinsMetsFan 03:51, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
Pokémon physical data
Would it be possible to have a bot add height and weight (both metric and U.S.) to the Pokémon infoboxes? I could compile all the information if that's the biggest hurdle. If not, I'll probably just add them manually... --Argy 18:38, 8 July 2006 (UTC)
Yes. I have all the information required for a infobox expansion to match the one on the Japanese site. Problem: the conversion to imperial units may be incorrect due to differences in rounding. I will need to work out the exact conversion algorithm first. - 振霖T 23:57, 8 July 2006 (UTC)
The users registered by BulbaBot
Why are you welcoming yourself?
Because i didn't get an automated welcome message.
Why, is it wrong?
- No, nothing's wrong. ☆☆
Just out of curiosity
Why can't I upload images??? (Jsmith 15:40, 16 September 2006 (UTC))
List of Japanese Pokémon names
I've been working on adding the new Pokémon to the Japanese list, but I'm not very good at Romanization. I took all of the Katakana I could find direcly from screenshots on different sites, so I believe all of those are right, but I'm pretty sure some of my Romanizations are wrong. I would really like someone who is skilled at Japanese to take a look at it, and would really appreciate it if you would do it. Drapion 23:17, 1 October 2006 (UTC)
Sorry for a bad job I did....<_> (Jsmith 00:49, 5 October 2006 (UTC))
I've responded on my talk page. :o -Sketchies 00:07, 25 January 2007 (UTC)
Sorry, got it now
Apologies for the mess with those tags. I got it now, I'll fix it...--ElectAbuzzzz 18:24, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
E-macron (Ē ē) is rarely used, 'except with the interjection ええ and some foreign loanwords.
As the "ee" of "oneesan" does not refer to the interjection "ee" for agreement and is not a loanword...it's "oneesan".--Urutapu 03:21, 12 April 2007 (UTC)
- It is, however the same (rare) phoneme as ええ, the long mid-open vowel, as opposed to the more common えい, which is the long mid-close vowel. Therefore it's onē-san. - 振霖T 05:25, 12 April 2007 (UTC)
Hi, I'm a new user here, although rest assured I know all the rules, and use common sense. I was wondering; I see you have all the base data and etc. for Diamond and Pearl, so I had 2 questions:
- How do you get this data? What tools do you use to obtain it from the game?
- In R/S/E, all Pokémon had Hoenn numbers internally, to prevent Missingno. like glitches. Bulbasaur being 203, etc...they were in National order. So I was wondering here, does the same apply for Diamond and Pearl? Does every Pokémon internally have Shinou numbers? Bulbasaur being 152, etc...?
Sorry if these seem like stupid questions. Nice work, by the way. MK 01:27, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
- By knowing what to look for. We write our own extraction tools.
- No, all other Pokémon are assigned Shin'ō number 0, which shows up as #??? if you have not obtained the National Dex. - 振霖T 07:08, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
- I assume you play the game and look for changes in the RAM? Or possibly look for the base data in the hex of the ROM and find the pattern? I assume the latter.
- That's odd... I know in my FireRed game, I initiated a trade with LeafGreen. In LeafGreen I had a Wobbuffet in my party, but FireRed did not have the national Pokédex. It still allowed me to pick which to trade and even look at Wobbuffet's status screen from FireRed, and it had the number #???, but it obviously would not allow me to trade it. So, I know it does this for Ruby and Sapphire, but I guess they abandoned the system after that. I'll have to look into it more... MK 08:39, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
Point taken on things like evolution with Dragon Scale, Magma Booster,and Electro Booster. Should they all be moved to something like Category:Pokémon that evolve through a unique method? Tom Temprotran 06:03, 26 October 2006 (UTC)
Hi! New member. I have a doubt: Is there a policy for Pokemon Icons? You know, the little moveing images that are ripped from the "Party Status" menu. May I add them or there is a rule against? Thanks. Gambler 06:05, 28 October 2006 (UTC)
The abilities page and maybe in every article to put it to the left or rght of the name. Make it look more like a Pokedex or something. Gambler 16:36, 28 October 2006 (UTC)
A task for BulbaBot to do
Hey. I've noticed that pretty much no templates are in the Templates category. Any way you could have Bulbabot go through the entire Template: namespace and pop in <noinclude>[[Category:Templates]]</noinclude> to those that don't have it, please? Thanks in advance! Tom Temprotran 15:03, 11 November 2006 (UTC)
Images Crisis イメージクライシス
May you please tell me why I can't upload images on Bulbapedia Archives. Why is User: Taylor is the only one? He is the one that started that edit war when he was reverting or uploading an already existed image. http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Image:PochamaVSSubomi%21_Hikari%27sFirstBattle%21.jpg. User: Taylor is changing the images that I searched for. It is a waste of time and replacing what I personally feel is better content. If a screenshot is already provided, which was provided by another user, and someone changes the image to a different verison it's plain and simply rude
No, it's not. Why just you choose the images? I had the idea of a screenshot to each episode. Why continue using NextOn images only? The best thing to do is choose one of episode images to show. NextOn images may be used while there are no episode screenshots. And I will continue reverting the images: This line is a sign that he will continue vandalizing and reverting the images that I reverted. http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User_talk:Taylor
User: Taylor choosed alot of images (Original Kanto, Johto Journeys, Advanced Battle and Battle Frontier, and the first 3 of Pokemon Advanced and the first 6 of Pokemon DP.
Why are you on his side. How can I be obstructing work when I am just uploading images that I like, and he is just changing the images and reverting them?
Please end this. (Jsmith 18:35, 17 November 2006 (UTC))
(Jsmith 18:35, 17 November 2006 (UTC))
You haven't done much to endear yourself to this administration. So don't complain when we have to pick sides that are equally guilty that we pick the one that hasn't caused us so many headaches. - 振霖T 02:01, 18 November 2006 (UTC)
- What do you mean? So you are picking on me?
- Why are you being unfair with me on the archives. Please unblock me. I think you are taking sides with Taylor. I want to upload images to it is A free enclyopedia which means anyone can edit. You are not being a good admin.
- Because you are acting like an idiot who doesn't understand the meaning of the word no, because you start revert wars, because you use sockpuppets, because you evade bans, because your choice of pictures is ugly - there are plenty of reasons we could give. Also, I think it would be good for you to sit down and ponder this quote: Your freedom to swing your fist ends where my nose begins. - 振霖T 06:59, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
- What do you mean? So you are picking on me?
Hello, I have a question, on the archives do you know about the error on creating a new account?
No such special page
From Bulbagarden Archives
Jump to: navigation, search
You have requested an invalid special page, a list of valid special pages may be found at
Return to Main Page.
Do you know why there is an error. May you please fix it. I want to upload some images of the Diamond and Pearl gym learders and gym map (from the site Serebii.net; http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/gymleaders.shtml)
(22:27, 21 November 2006 (UTC))
copying from wikipedia
I got warned by Pokencyclopedia that I shouldn't copy from Wikipedia. Is copying from Wikipedia really against Bulbapedia policy? I don't think it is a copyvio.Pokeymonfan 02:34, 25 November 2006 (UTC)
What do you mean by "it is."? That copying from WP is against BP policy, (addendum: Why doesn't it say so on the policy page?) or that copying from WP is copyvio? And, if you mean that copying from WP is copyvio, I think you are wrong, because WP is in public domain. Pokeymonfan 13:04, 25 November 2006 (UTC)
Wrong. Bulbapedia and Wikipedia alike are not in public domain (I suggest you read up more on the topic on Wikipedia), and, are very much protected under copyright. It's just that we use an open content licence, which grants people many rights, including the ability to modify and republish a work, which often causes confusion with public domain status. Now, as for policy, we don't have formal rules regarding the matter because we approach it on a case-by-case basis. But, a few general rules apply, and the golden rule is, no intermixing of Bulbapedia and Wikipedia content, its corollary being, articles should only be copied from Wikipedia if no Bulbapedia article already exists. - 振霖T 01:49, 26 November 2006 (UTC)
And, Wikipedia is open-content as well! -- Pokeymonfan 03:59, 26 November 2006 (UTC)
Did you even read the articles you linked to? Copyleft is a play on the word copyright and is the practice of using copyright law to remove restrictions on distributing copies and modified versions of a work for others and require that the same freedoms be preserved in modified versions. That is not the same as public domain status. - 振霖T 04:27, 26 November 2006 (UTC)
ok I get it now, thanks Pokeymonfan wuznt here 00:04, 27 November 2006 (UTC) (my new signature)
Just 2 cents
Hi! Just giving my opinion ok? Please don't take this as a personal attack or nothing, since through text is really difficult to emphasise calm. Look, I like working in here, in fact I think that this project can and will go a long way. However, I have seen a lot of pages marked as stubs when there is really not that much information to add to it. Now, the problem is that this game has a lot of crossing info, moves repeat, evos come and go and so on. A person just entering PKMN gets really confused, specially with names and concepts. I know that images tend to take downloading time, but it's also true that they make a page a lot more enjoyable and because there are a lot of other PKMN pages out there you should try new formats instead of repeating the same. And as far as the stretch, the problem with the bullet design is that it stretches it to the right, which is a lot less desireable that a vertical scroll. Ok, Maybe I did wrong trying to add a Pokemon per edit, but it's a lot of work anyways and I don't have where to save it if not in the workpages. Thanks anyway. Gambler 08:42, 3 December 2006 (UTC)
- This is an encyclopaedia. An encyclopaedia is meant to be concise, precise and to-the-point, pardon my redundancy. It is not a beginner's resource. Being enjoyable is not a primary objective of an encyclopaedia, being informative is. I would much rather you direct your efforts to adding actual information. Now, you are free to disagree with the editorial board, however, you are not free to implement your ideas when disapproval has been expressed. Therefore, consider this a warning - if we say no, we mean no, and you will be barred from editing if you decide to ignore us again. - 振霖T 09:14, 3 December 2006 (UTC)
- It would seem to me that the reason is an oversight - no one thought of it. If this is the case, then it should be put in; if it isn't the case - please let me know what the reason is. User142 (Talk) 11:48, 25 December 2006 (UTC)
Could you assess this TCG article format?
I have been working on a new format for articles on Pokémon cards, as the current official format is... somewhat lacking. You can take a look at how it's doing here. It is important that I have a good idea of its quality. I would like to know what can be improved and what is already good enough. I am not all sure what the procedures for replacing a big article template are, but I am confident that this one will turn out better than the current one. -Happy Mask Man 03:08, 8 January 2007 (UTC)
- It looks better than the current format. However, I wonder how extensible the infobox is? Is it capable of dealing gracefully with missing information? Will the content of it vary between old cards and new cards? - 振霖T 15:08, 8 January 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, each card series will have varying information in the infobox. Cards that do not have the Pokédex data will not have it in the infobox. E-cards will have their e-card ID and a heading in the main article space about what the data on the card is. Promo card articles will detail the promotion used to distribute them. Cards that have a widespread misprint will mention that too. Actually, I'm not too sure whether to put some things in the infobox or the article space. Should the height, weight, and number be in the Pokédex section, the GB ID's in the Card GB section, and the e-card ID in the e-card section? In the e-card series, things such as height and weight are in the E-reader data for cards with dot codes, but cards with no e-card data have that information printed on the card. That seems like enough reason to put it in the main article space, with the oddity of it. Since inclusion in the Game Boy games isn't really something you can count on, it might be better to put the ID numbers from those games into the "In Pokémon Card GB" section. Putting things like that into the main article space might make the infobox easier to use. -Happy Mask Man 04:19, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
- Hmm, the keyword is gracefully. How do you plan to implement it as a template? In any case - the kind of information that goes into the infobox should be simple facts or numbers, to summarise the card; the article body should describe the use of the card, opinions about it, and yes, errors and misprint. - 振霖T 05:45, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, that is what I meant. Sorry if I implied putting such things in the infobox. Like I said, the decisions I have left to make are whether or not to put some things that are in the infobox right now in the main article space. I am not too sure how template procedures work, but looking at other templates, I guess that each of the three main kinds of cards would get its own template. By moving some of the things that are exclusive to certain cards, such as levels and the like, to the main article space, it ought to be easier to deal with just one template for each kind of card. That leaves the English/Japanese set thing to deal with, with all of the cards that were only released in one or the other. I guess we could just put "None" for those, which would leave us with only one template needed for each of the three kinds of cards, which can easily be filled in with everything. Is that what you meant by "gracefully"? -Happy Mask Man 03:49, 10 January 2007 (UTC)
- I think I've got it figured out now. We should only need one template for each of the main kinds of cards like this. Information related to the card's set and the identification ought to just be put at the bottom of the table manually. That way, we won't need to have a bunch of blank rows for things that aren't there. Doing that would make it easy to work out such complications of regional releases. With all of that considered, it leaves everything else in the infobox being only things that apply to all cards of their group. All that ought to be left now is to do the actual making of the template, which shouldn't be too hard, with it being a simple infobox. After all, it's completely flawless now, right? -Happy Mask Man 23:57, 17 January 2007 (UTC)
小さい誤植に気付きました。 「ワレオモウユエニワレアリ」の代わりに3番目の行が「ワレオモフユヱニワレアリ」であるべきです。 あら捜しを許してくださいねｗ - 蟻塚 01:02, 15 January 2006 (UTC)
- わかりません。今書いてあるのは「ワレオモフユヱニワレアリ」ではないのですか。 - 振霖T 13:07, 16 January 2007 (UTC)
Moving Shinichiro Miki
It won't let me move Shinichiro Miki to Shin'ichirō Miki because it says the page already exists. Is it because there's already a redirect page with that name? --PAK Man 00:06, 19 January 2007 (UTC)
Why are link templates used? [[Absorb (move)|]] works. --Raijinili 13:05, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
- Because it's more compact. We don't have unlimited resources in terms of space and bandwidth, you know. - 振霖T 13:18, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
Sorry, but it didn't work. The main problem was getting stuff like Pay Day to work (i.e. the spaces). The caps weren't a problem. Perhaps we should speak to the site owner about his formatting? --Raijinili 15:29, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
- Ah, you mean the sortable lists? Yes, of course. It's part of MediaWiki 1.9. - 振霖T 01:06, 3 February 2007 (UTC)
I appear to no longer have admin powers on the 'pedia. Was this intentional? If so, I would appreciate it if I got them back, simply in case of an emergency. Namely, I wanted to delete http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jonathan's_Poketicle(pokemon_article) and was unable to.
evkl 21:11, 18 March 2007 (UTC)
I noticed that a lot of accounts that haven't been used have been created in the past few days. I suspect that they are sock puppets for a vandal waiting to strike. Could you consider this? I can't do anything about the accounts because I have no admin powers. Carnivine 22 March 2007
Can you please do something about all these unused accounts? As much as I hate to admit it, Maxim is right. That page did smell like an add. Who knows how many more could come. Carnivine
- No. I cannot delete accounts simply because they appear to be unused. It is not atypical to see many accounts registered per day, and the vast majority of users never make a single edit. Please inform any administrator if you see any ongoing large-scale vandalism. - 振霖T 07:50, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
You might want to speak to IDeoxys. If you want ot know why, check the history of his talk page.
I don't know what you mean in your message, if is about the move's caps tell me wich would be the ideal size.
Moving page problems
Zhen, you might wanna check out You & Me & Pokémon, if you can. The system has the article stored there, but always opens up the nonexistant You & Me page, even when using the move function. I don't know how to fix it. --Pie ~♪♫ 19:21, 8 April 2007 (UTC)
- Ah well, may as well extend the workaround for one ampersand to two... - 振霖T 01:27, 9 April 2007 (UTC)
Whoops, sorry - didn't realise it was a problem. I'll just edit the entire thing in one go, though it's easier with the items to see the item icons so I can match them up with my data. I think it should be fine to just use the preview though.
Sorry. ^^'--Doctor Oak 16:15, 9 April 2007 (UTC)
I Like This Name
Thanks for the offer, but I really just wanted to change the name of the page, not my real user name. - Yukushi wisdom 16:49, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
DP encounter data
I would like to start putting this data into the pages for Cities and Routes of Sinnoh, and I can see that you have the files, but I have virtually zero experience with Japanese, so having everything in English would be extremely helpful. Drapion 16:28, 28 April 2007 (UTC)
- Just a small addition to what I said earlier, I have now done up Twinleaf Town with encounter data. I could go a lot faster with the pages in English, but I'll work with the Japanese for now. Drapion 17:08, 28 April 2007 (UTC)
question reguarding Bulbapedia's Userspace policies
Namely, does Bulbapedia have any policies/restrictions when it comes to a user's userspace? I've been checking through the policies and rules, and I couldn't find anything on the subject. I'm planning to create a sub-page in my userspace (e.g.: User:Jioruji Derako/subpage), but I don't want to go right ahead and create anything if there's a rule against it that I didn't notice yet. Is it alright for me to do this, or would I be running into a rules issue or something of the sort? Thanks in advance. -- Jioruji Derako.> 12:26, 30 April 2007 (UTC)
- There are no formal rules, but obviously there will be some things that will result in administrative action. - 振霖T 13:12, 30 April 2007 (UTC)
- Alright, so basically, as long as I follow common sense (no making an entire encyclopedia-worth of subpages), I should be fine, correct? I just have some large items (a sortable PokéDex, namely) that I like having around for ease of use, but it's taking up a lot of space on my userpage (because it's long). Making a single subpage shouldn't be a big deal, I assume? And I'm sure if I go overboard (which I don't plan to do), it's not a hard job to simply delete it and give me a warning. -- Jioruji Derako.> 15:45, 30 April 2007 (UTC)
Hi Zhen, I've got a stupid question for you: I might create a Pokémon wiki in another language if it has enough support. How can it become a part of Encyclopaediae Pokémonis?
Also, unless you've considered already, you might want to have a look at some useful MediaWiki extensions for Bulbapedia: