Welcome to Bulbapedia, Porygon-man!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. You will have to register separately for it, as well. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Porygon-man/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
User Page Edits
You've just made many little edits for many little things. If you are creating your user page, you should put everything you want on there in one edit using the preview button so you could make one big edit instead of many little edits.--Tavisource 21:53, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
- Okay. Porygon-man 21:55, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
- And just for a heads up, put colons before your post to make a break after the previous one. And I forgot to mention why you shouldn't do that. See, the user pages were all locked down for a long, long time, and the ban was just lifted on Monday. The cause of the ban was that too many people were editing their user pages too many times, which caused problems in the server. But don't worry, you aren't the only one who got this warning. All the others helping to spread the word had been warned too. Join the force in spreading this word. I have also heard rumors that the user page ban would return at the end of the week, so just to be safe, finish it quickly.--Tavisource 22:01, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
Uhm...No offence, and i don't want to seem mean but please try to make less edits. Please use the Preview button to preview before you click "Save Page"...So if there's any mistakes you can stop them...Uhm...I don't want to seem mean...SO yeah D: Takoto タコト| サソデイ = 愛 22:58, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
It should be assumed that if I'm uploading images of products that I'm also working on adding their information to the pages that need that information. (You used the images that I uploaded less than half an hour prior so I know you knew I was working on XY merch.) It is incredibly frustrating that after an hour of work, I'm edit conflicted by an edit that's only adding less than half of the content that I'm adding. Be mindful how the edits you are doing affect the bigger picture, and consider what is going on at a given point in time before jumping into a specific project. There's so much to be doing in the TCG section that we don't need wastefully working on the same thing at the same time. That effort can be incredibly useful elsewhere. MaverickNate 22:01, 21 October 2015 (UTC)
The Preview Button
Instead of editing a page several times in a row, try using the preview button to make sure your edit looks the way you want it to. It's right next to the Save Page button. Please try it out, so as not to clog up the Recent Changes. Also, if you want to edit multiple sections of the page, make sure that you click "edit this page" at the top of the page rather than editing it by section. Thanks! --Masatoshi talk 03:40, 20 April 2016 (UTC)