Welcome to Bulbapedia, Metagross72!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Metagross72/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! --Davidaipom 17:56, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
Please don't create articles on Pokémon that don't exist in actual Pokémon canon. I don't care how good or crappy such an article is, it has no place on an encyclopedia that bases itself on canon. You're best off trying a fanfiction site or a Shiningpikablu252 21:18, 17 June 2008 (UTC)if you want to make up your own monsters, given how Bulbapedia's User namespace is locked down at present...--
Well... I've heard it's a new Pokémon as one of the ones from Platinum... -Metagross72
Just a little hint...
You made an edit about a week ago linking movie 9 with the
Shipping: namespace. Get what I'm saying here?
I must have forgot about that. -Metagross72
By the way, didn't you hack that page? Metagross72 03:08, 3 November 2008 (UTC)
Slow down on editing the
User: namespace. There are only three userspace edits allowed per day, and you have gone over the limit. Editing your userpage too much will lead to it being locked again. Instead of making multiple small edits, why not instead use the preview button (Alt + Shift + P) to check your edits before saving the page? Thank you. --Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links 04:46, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
Oops. I'm sorry. I didn't know that. I will not make that mistake again.--Metagross72 04:47, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
- Ts'all right. Everyone breaks the rules. Heck, I gave myself 2 warnings. Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links 04:50, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
Bulbapedia has a dedicated forum
And it's located here: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/forumdisplay.php?f=195 -- evkl (need to talk?) 02:30, 29 January 2009 (UTC)