BEFORE YOU COMMENT!!
We don't permit non-pedia discussion around here, so in the best interest of on-topic discussion, if you want to tell me something personal, or just plain off-topic, send me a Personal Message (PM) on the Bulbagarden Forums. Alternatively, send me an e-mail at [email protected]. And although I don't suggest trying to actually talk to me there, you can follow my extremely sporadic unactivity on Twitter at @MAGNEDETH.
Also, I am a busy guy. There is a whole staff of people that can answer your question, so you don't have to go straight to me with every single question. Alternatively, you may not need to ask anyone anything thanks to our handy FAQ. If something isn't listed there check the manual of style or even the helpful welcome portal likely listed at the top of your talk page.
I'm out. Thanks for putting your faith in me all those years ago. We had some good times. —darklordtrom 11:50, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
- Out nothin. You're just moving next door.
- I'll be posting an MftE later today, but otherwise, you're a damn good editor, and you've done a lot for the site. Catch ya around. -- MAGNEDETH 16:48, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
I just saw this in the "my preferences" panel -Real name is optional. If you choose to provide it, this will be used for giving you attribution for your work.- What does it refer to exactly ?----DJWolfy 18:47, 7 April 2012 (UTC)
- It allows you to edit with your real name, instead of username. I do not recommend it (and we may have it turned off anyway). -- MAGNEDETH 18:59, 7 April 2012 (UTC)
If that is true
Looking at his contribs, I'm suspecting it's a hacked account considering he hasn't edited since February 2009 and his edits back then were sensible. Or am I just being stupid?--ForceFire 04:46, 18 April 2012 (UTC)
- Possible, but not probable. Btw, fix your Pidgin. -- MAGNEDETH 04:51, 18 April 2012 (UTC)
- My AIM is kinda being douchey and I have no idea what the puck is happening; it won't let me log in. Tried the AOL site and the same message about suspicious activity came up. It's temporarily blocked but its been 2 weeks, I don't know how long temporary is to AOL but its long..--ForceFire 04:54, 18 April 2012 (UTC)
So I was asking Kenji if I should add the Romanian names for places, people and Pokémon. She wasn't sure so she redirected me to you. The thing is, appart from episode titles and 80% percent of moves, my dear fellow romanians who dub the english episodes into our language didn't bother to give new names for the 3 "p" things from above. So having this in consideration, people who surf on this site and want to look up names for "p" in other languages they can't suppose that it has the same name in Romanian too. Plus there are also names which are common in other languages, so instead of making a new column for the romanian name, it should be simply put in the same column with the common languages, just like on Ash's page, in the "Names" section. There with German, English, etc. I don't mind adding them for all Pokémon, people and places. Plus, afterall that's what the language box was made for. Well what will it be ?----DJWolfy 07:56, 19 April 2012
- I will have to discuss this with other staff members. -- MAGNEDETH 20:32, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
- Well, I've let over a month pass and I want to ask you of what has been decided. ----DJWolfy 13:11, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Already doing it. -- MAGNEDETH 19:20, 22 April 2012 (UTC)
I need help with the Userspace usertag thing. Jo the Marten tried to explain, but I still don't understand exactly how to make usertags under your username. Pringles 03:24, 1 May 2012 (UTC)
Sorry to bother you, but...
As you are the Editor-in-Chief, I have a few questions:Who was the former head of Bulbapedia, and why'd he quit it and pass it on to you?, What is the exact date Bulbapedia started and how did it progress for the first couple weeks? and how different are the features on the navigation, bublagarden and toolbox? Thanks, ;)--Lucario985 Chowolun 01:00, 11 May 2012 (UTC)
- and, be more specific, but your Welcome template surely contains plenty of helpful links.. -- MAGNEDETH 05:01, 11 May 2012 (UTC)
Hello, I have a suggestion
Today (for me at least) on 5/17/20012 Donna Summers died.
Anyways I thought since she sang "The Power of One" for Pokémon 2000, Bulbapedia should do a feature on the song and/or her. Yamitora1 23:21, 17 May 2012 (UTC)
New project suggestion
I know this may sound kinda stupid because I know some users and staff do not like cheating in games but I think there should be a project cheat code dex for legit cheats for all pokemon games using Action Replay or Gameshark. Please reply or visit my Userpage or Talkpage. THANKS!!, MISSINGNO ADDICT
- No. We do not endorse cheating of any kind. Also, please sign your comments with four tildes. -- MAGNEDETH 01:25, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
Sorry I just wanted to make a suggestion I did'nt know. MISSINGNO ADDICT 01:33, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
Pokemon's Trainer Choice
I am simply adding links that go from the ag000 pages to the Pokemon's Trainer Choice pages. This will ensure that each AG000 page has a link to the Pokemon's Trainer Choice page. I am only trying to help and I apologize for any stress that I may have caused you. Amanater (talk) 04:24, 17 July 2012 (UTC)
- Magnedeth isn't on atm, so I'll answer for him. The only reason why he wants the conversation on your page only is because its easier to track down the conversation if its in one page rather than spread out onto multiple pages.--ForceFire 06:03, 18 July 2012 (UTC)
- Not just staff but very high ranking staff - even some Editorial Board members don't have one. Werdnae (talk) 20:46, 31 July 2012 (UTC)
A user has been editing all the sections of the Mew (Pokémon) Talk page, (even those older than 6 months), linking to an external, unapproved site on the same page, and copying Wikipedia content. Please could you, or someone else, revert all that violates rules, and warn him/her? *Too cautious to do myself* Thanks.--Muk-a-matic-Maketh the Muk go round... (talk) 18:32, 4 August 2012 (UTC)
I want to send you a PM on bulbagarden as you told users to do in your info, but it says I have to post ten times before being allowed to do this and I just barely signed up. Is there any way around this? I have a lot of things I want to discuss that do not belong in the public domain. Nokota (talk) 19:38, 4 August 2012 (UTC)
Special:Random seems to be broken from time to time, only redirecting to 2-3 pages, then only redirecting to one of those two pages. It has been working on and off like this for the last 2 months (on IE8/9 at least- I don't use Firefox, Chrome or other browsers. Sue me.). Is this a compatibility issue with IE, or a problem on all browsers? TyphlosionBlaze (talk) 15:45, 12 August 2012 (UTC)
- Try clearing your cache. -- MAGNEDETH 15:58, 12 August 2012 (UTC)
FINALLY figured out how to talk on this thing. I apologize for editting without proof. I'll try and get the evidence on King's Rock. (I'm 99% sure on this, 1% being I did something wrong in my testing.)
Secret Power - Serene Grace
Pardon me Mr. Editor-in-chief. But I am literally 100% sure that Secret Power isnt affected by Serene Grace and yet the proof I provide is considered unreliable because it is from Smogon. I myself was personally involved in the test, bringing the scenario to light and encouraging investigation into the code by Smogon's xfr, but the post I provided as proof doesnt seem to be enough. How can I provide "reliable" proof? - unsigned comment from V4Victini (talk • contribs)
- I actually think Smogon could be used as a reliable source in this situation as I know Smogon does a lot of their own research. However, it is technically against the rules to use info as found from a fansite. Let me think about how we want to handle this. (also, signature, four tildes) -- MAGNEDETH 04:41, 21 August 2012 (UTC)
My Conquest Abilities page
Hi, well, I've gotta say that I don't think I'll have much time to work on this at all since I'm starting college soon, so I was wondering if you, or anyone else wanted to take it over, since I'll probably just let it rot until I get free time again. Thanks in advance. --It's Funktastic~! (talk) 03:37, 21 August 2012 (UTC)
- The page just needs a little fancying-up, and it seems pretty much ready. The stuff thats missing can be added by anyone who has it. -- MAGNEDETH 04:41, 21 August 2012 (UTC)
- Is it good enough to move out to the mainspace, or is there anything else that needs to be added? --It's Funktastic~! (talk) 03:56, 25 August 2012 (UTC)
- When did you send it? I have no mail from you that I can see. -- MAGNEDETH 22:19, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
- You can't edit your userpage until you legitimately edit the mainspace. -- MAGNEDETH 23:24, 2 September 2012 (UTC)
Okay since this page states to contact a staff member about starting a new project. Could a new project be created to focus on Pokémon events? The goal would to add missing information and add any new events that are announced (which is about one a week, but sometimes more or less). I can provide more information if needed. Lady Ariel 21:05, 3 September 2012 (UTC)
- Well....it could be a sub-project of Games. Though, I've yet to see "projects" really do anything major. -- MAGNEDETH 15:57, 9 September 2012 (UTC)
- That would make sense to create the project as a sub-project of Games, though. Should I move to step two that is listed on the page I linked in the first comment? Lady Ariel 18:05, 9 September 2012 (UTC)
Ummm... No bother but...
Pokémon 2000 World Championship
Hi, I tried at first to communicate the Admin Ataro by sending him an e-mail, but he doesn't answer, so I came here
my problem is this: I want to create the article for "Pokémon 2000 World Championship", but this massive block doesn't let me create it, is there any way you can help me?
- You have not edited the site enough to be allowed to create pages. -- MAGNEDETH 03:58, 14 September 2012 (UTC)
- OK, can you please create the article so then I can write it? --Diablo del Oeste (talk) 04:10, 14 September 2012 (UTC)
- That would be against the rules. Users with limited editing are usually not familiar with our rules, policies, and templates, as well as general wiki code. Once you make some normal edits around the site, the ability to create pages will be unlocked to you. -- MAGNEDETH 21:36, 14 September 2012 (UTC)
- OK, can you please create the article so then I can write it? --Diablo del Oeste (talk) 04:10, 14 September 2012 (UTC)
Hi there! First of all, I apologize if you're not the right person to address to, but I figured you might be able to direct me to the right person if that's the case. A few months ago, I raised this issue regarding Generation IV's "fan-coined name", 3D generation. Apparently, it was overlooked; I was wondering if there's anything we can do to make it a bit more proper, or at least get the discussion going. Obviously, it wouldn't be that simple to go and change/add something without a proper agreement on that matter first. Ash Pokemaster (talk) 09:14, 29 September 2012 (UTC)
- This would be an issue best brought up for discussion on the forums in the Wiki section. -- MAGNEDETH 02:36, 3 December 2012 (UTC)
Regarding the dad redirect I made.
- "Dad" is far too general. If someone was looking Ash Ketchum's rarely mentioned but never seen father, that'd be a bit jarring to see Norman. Or what about other people's fathers, like Cedric Juniper, or Byron, or any of the other father's we have pages for (there's more than you think). Dad/Father might be a candidate for a disambig at some point to be honest. A simple redirect won't do it, it's far too general a term. -- MAGNEDETH 02:41, 3 December 2012 (UTC)
Very well, I have begun a discussion on the talk page. But there's not much to discuss really, the original edit was badly formed and is unnecessary. TheChrisD Rants•Edits 15:08, 3 December 2012 (UTC)
Can you change my user name to BlazeTheMovieFan?
Hello, I want my user name on this website to be changed to BlazeTheMovieFan, because that's my Internet name.
I have made some major edits by trimming down a trivia on Sidney's page.
So is it possible that my user name could change? Thanks.
- As you've already been told on my talk page, your rename request will be fulfilled when we feel you've made adequate recent contributions. You need to be patient, bothering other members of staff will only result in a longer wait period. - Kogoro - Talk to me - 22:53, 7 December 2012 (UTC)
You done good. Welcome to the old boys' club. We have Cuban cigars, the finest brandy, and a long waiting list for hip replacements. Enjoy your retirement and your next project on Bulba (and if you need a hand with anything, I've got some spare time these days). —darklordtrom 10:36, 9 December 2012 (UTC)
- Congrats on the end of your two year run as Editor In Chief, and on your five year anniversary of joining! Virtual-Z 19:03, 9 December 2012 (UTC)