Welcome to Bulbapedia, Kogoro!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. You will have to register separately for it, as well. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Kogoro/1/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! Takoto 17:21, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
be my friend and to add to that get me in touch with porygonz if you know him
- 17:24, October 3, 2008 (hist) (diff) User:Baby G/Tiers (top)
- 17:32, October 3, 2008 (hist) (diff) User:Baby G
- 17:32, October 3, 2008 (hist) (diff) m User:Baby G (→Subpage list) (top)
That's the 3 edits I made to the userspace today. I did not go over the limit. --Baby G (talk to me) (see my edits) 22:30, 3 October 2008 (UTC)
- Since the other 3 edits are deleted, they don't count. Just drop the whole thing. --Baby G (talk to me) (see my edits) 22:41, 3 October 2008 (UTC)
Looks like you're taking over my job. I would usually redirect stuff once in a while. What you're doing reminds me of the time I uploaded all the Platinum sprites...it was not fun...very boring. So good luck! :) - unsigned comment from Tavisource (talk • contribs)
- Hey...I don't know why, but whenever I'm on Bulbapedia, I forget to sign, but when I'm e-mailing my friends, for some reason I make the four little tides for no reason...argh. And this time, I remembered! YAY!--☆Tavisource 02:50, 4 October 2008 (UTC)
- You could e-mail me instead...it's much more convenient for me. And by the way, I had turned of PM...I don't know why...but I just never saw the need for it...so e-mail me if you could please.--☆Tavisource 04:44, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
- Read e-mail, I finished Red. Are you on my friend list yet? Go to my user page or talk page and click the link in the orange message box at the top. Bayby G (the section above) and Takoto (the one who welcomed you) are also on it, along with many people...so join the group.~--☆Tavisource 06:16, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
- Hope you like it...I gotta go now, so I'll talk to you later.--☆Tavisource 06:23, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
- I'm back, I was over at Bulbagarden forums. But now I gotta go again...to bed. By the way, I see you are welcoming some people. I remember when my Diamaster and I welcomed MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY users and we got in trouble by the founder of Bulbapedia.--☆Tavisource 06:57, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
You're supposed to have your Archive page under "User Talk", not under "User".--☆Tavisource 05:10, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
you helped me but I can't hanied a pic of wigglytuff that dose'n need up londing.
if thir is no way to do if up londing, tell me how to do it GoldsWigglytuff 19:18, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
RE: Blanking Pages
lol i was bored.- unsigned comment from Gallade25 (talk • contribs)
lol was bored so i chose a random page to blank.- unsigned comment from Gallade25 (talk • contribs)
That one does not have to be used every time. Most of the time, using [[Pokémon anime]] loks so much better in the coding than the g template. It is harder to deal with for new users and it is only supposed to be used when linking to games. It makes it harder to notice what the page is saying when the g template is used, so don't edit pages just to change this template because it is unneccesary and has negative draw-backs. MoldyOrange 00:33, 14 October 2008 (UTC)
All of those pages actually do need the party table for the Pokémon Stadium games. I set up an example on Brock and I want you to finish with Brock and the rest of the Gym Leaders because you did a very good job with the main games on that page. MoldyOrange 23:12, 15 October 2008 (UTC)
Thanks! MoldyOrange 23:02, 16 October 2008 (UTC)
Thanks I did it!!!! :)- unsigned comment from Pika Blue (talk • contribs)
Moves not in the Pokémon games
There is alot of moves missing from that list. One that I can think of on the top of my head is "Singe"...does that not belong? I just thought you should carry out the discussion for me, because I gotta go to bed. see ya.--☆Tavisource 06:15, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
- I have to admit, hell if I know ^_^; Though since it's a list, I would have to assume it would at least deserve a mention. - Kogoro | Talk to me | 06:17, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
I'm new to Bulbapedia and I want help! How can I do a page with a character I have made up? Can anyone post me a link?!!!
16:06, 26 October 2008 (UTC)