Welcome to Bulbapedia, Greysky!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!User:Pokemaniac102/Sig 01:08, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
When you make a comment, you do it UNDER EVERYTHING. Not inbetween a comment and a person's sig. And talking about sigs, please don't forget to sign your sig at the end of your comment.User:Pokemaniac102/Sig 01:12, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
I mistakenly did it, it's fixed now. Greysky
By the way, that is not how to show your sig. Since you don't have a sig, your sig is
But you can make a sig like mine. OR, I could make a sig for you. Would you like a sig?User:Pokemaniac102/Sig 01:17, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
Hm, yes, I'm not too experienced with wikis. Greysky
Yes, but would you like a sig similar to mine? (with the images and colors)User:Pokemaniac102/Sig 01:33, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
"Hm, yes, I'm not too experienced with wikis." :) Greysky
Well then, What is your favorite color? Favorite Pokémon? We'll start off with thatUser:Pokemaniac102/Sig 02:01, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
Red, Swellow and Jolteon. Also, I think I should reply you on YOUR talk page... ^^' Greysky
No this is about YOU. And would you like a background? if you do, what color?User:Pokemaniac102/Sig 02:27, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
Hm, ok. A black background suits it well :D Greysky
DO NOT USE IT YET
Great :D thanks ^^ If I want to, how can I change it? Greysky
waitUser:Pokemaniac102/Sig 03:20, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
When you click Grey, you go to your userpage. When you click sky, you go to your talk page
- At the top of your page, you will see your username, your talk, your preferences, your watchlist...
- Click my preferences
- Somewhere, you will see Nickname
- MAKE SURE THAT THE RAW SIGNATURES BOX HAS A CHECKMARK IN IT
- Now in the box, copy and paste this into it.
- Save it
- Now, all you have to do to show your sig is to type ~~~~
If you wish to edit your sig, do it here
Don't forget to test it out to make sure that you haven't made a mistake.User:Pokemaniac102/Sig 03:25, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
Thanks, I think it's working now :D Also, how do I put that profile tags (such as those that says the nationality, the age, etc.) on my page? User:Greysky/Sig 03:47, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
- I'm not a professional about that. Ask someone like TTEchidna or Theryguy512User:Pokemaniac102/Sig 03:53, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
Hm, ok, thanks :D User:Greysky/Sig 04:08, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
- I could help you if you want with the profile tags. Just put '''<div class="userbox">''' before the tags and '''</div>''' after the tags. Oh, and about the nationality tag, see if you like this.....
|This user comes from Brazil.|
File:Ani448MS.gifJmathFile:Ani447MS.gifTalkFile:Ani448MS.gif 13:47, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
SO! How's the sig workin out for ya?User:Pokemaniac102/Sig 22:13, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
It's working great, I really like it :D By the way, is there any way I could make multiple sigs? User:Greysky/Sig 22:21, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
No, but you can change it into a different sig, then change it backUser:Pokemaniac102/Sig 22:23, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
Ah, ok. User:Greysky/Sig 22:37, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
I mean seriously, I changed my signature many times.
Well, that look like multiple sigs to me, since all of them work the same. User:Greysky/Sig 23:24, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
Yup, but I didn't use them all at once. Only oneUser:Pokemaniac102/Sig 23:28, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
Hm, yeah, I understand. User:Greysky/Sig 23:31, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
On the side
Would you like me to put your user tags on the sideUser:Darth Cookie Monster/Sig
He means would you want him to put your user tags in a User Box Tower?User:Pokemaniac102/Sig
Well, I'm still putting the tags, so when I'm finished, I'll call you (: User:Greysky/Sig 00:52, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
Okay, if you want to put a message above the tower, then type it above the code, but if you want to put it below it, type below the part that says </div> OkayUser:Darth Cookie Monster/Sig
I can do itUser:Pokemaniac102/Sig 02:02, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
- nevermindUser:Pokemaniac102/Sig 02:03, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
- By the way, there's a lot of empty space. Try filling itUser:Pokemaniac102/Sig 02:03, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
Doesn't copying the tag right from the pages they are on put the user page in the wrong category?!?! User:Moldy orange/Sig 02:05, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
- Whoa, that waste a lot of bytes!User:Pokemaniac102/Sig 02:07, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
Ah really? :( well, I'll fix it. EDIT: Actually, I don't know any other way of doing it other than copying and pasting from the edit page. [/noob]
Any suggestions of what I should fill the empty space? User:Greysky/Sig 02:10, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
Your teams, what you plan to do on bulbapedia, possible trades, etcUser:Darth Cookie Monster/Sig
Um, I don't like trading :x But ok, I'll do the rest User:Greysky/Sig 02:14, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
GASP! YOU DON"T TRADE! ah vellUser:Darth Cookie Monster/Sig
Yup. And most of the time my Wi-Fi Connection doesn't work. Sucks. User:Greysky/Sig 02:23, 19 February 2008 (UTC)