User talk:Cold/Archive 1
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Question
- 3 Link templates
- 4 Please
- 5 Splash
- 6 Drake's Dragonite
- 7 Hey
- 8 Psst.
- 9 you're the guy who welcomed me could you please help me with my user page
- 10 Sockpuppeting
- 11 hey kkllnn on your user page the darkrai I gave you under it you spelt my user name wrong it is MyUU--MyUU 21:39, 16 October 2008 (UTC)
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Cold!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Cold/Archive 1/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Did you just join here just to do those missions? If so, that's not a good reason to join. Bulbapedia is about expanding the knowledge about Pokémon, not to play games. So on, all those missions will probably be deleted. Please try to contribute to the main articles instead of playing games. --☆ケンジガール 22:29, 20 June 2008 (UTC)
- Actaully, when i didn't even know about the missions when i joined. i just sort of found out about them.Kkllnn 22:32, 20 June 2008 (UTC)
You have to use the link templates when you write articles. Considering how many Pikachu are out there, you want to link to Pikachu instead. If you don't understand the concept of link templates, visit the shortlinks page; it explains everything pretty well, and helped me out when I first joined. --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 21:23, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
Slow down on editing the
User: namespace. Editing your userpage too much will lead to it being locked again. Instead of making multiple small edits, why not instead use the preview button (Alt + Shift + P) to check your edits before saving the page? Thank you. --ニョロトノ666 21:42, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
I made that messy edit to Splash 10 days ago and no one has bothered to fix it! I'd do it myself, but I can't figure out how! Someone please help!--Blastoise Totally Rules!!! 22:30, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
Since I am new to Bulbapedia, I'll write a comment on your user talk page saying that Drake's Dragonite used eight moves, not six. It used Water Gun, Ice Beam, Slam and Dragon Rage on Charizard, Water Gun and Thunderbolt on Squirtle, Body Slam and Thunder on Tauros, and Hyper Beam on Pikachu before finally being taken out with Pikachu's Thunder attack. Watch the episode again, if you don't believe me.- unsigned comment from Hmdwgf (talk • contribs)
- OK, sorry. However, I never actually watched the episode, I just read the adaptation. That teaches me to listen to Tracey West, lol. Plus, please sign your comments with four of these(~). --Blastoise Totally Rules!!! 18:36, 24 September 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for restoring the comment that guy deleted.
And on that note, I get to remind you of our signature policy. Awesome as Blastoise may be, your signature ought to at least visibly indicate your username (as opposed to simply including a link to your page). Sorry. Check out the sig policy page for more info. --((Marton imos)) 19:09, 24 September 2008 (UTC)
- Okay, sure. How's this?--Kkllnn blastoise 19:16, 24 September 2008 (UTC)
- huh? explanation needed.--Kkllnn blastoise 19:21, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
you're the guy who welcomed me could you please help me with my user page
- Sure...Like what?--Kkllnn blastoise 20:55, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- never mindMyUU 20:58, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
I'm his best friend. He told me to make a few edits he's been watching--Blisselebi 21:05, 6 October 2008 (UTC)