Welcome to Bulbapedia, ArceusEX!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:ArceusEX/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- There are certain restrictions on the content and amount of userspace content a user is allowed. For details, see the Userspace policy
- Unless prior permission is given, no user is permitted to edit another user's page. Furthermore, edits to other users' pages are permitted only if there are problems that spread to other parts of Bulbapedia, such as broken links that appear on the wanted pages, switching out duplicate images that appear on the Archives, etc.
- Fan fictions, missions, riddles, games, and anything else deemed not suitable for the wiki will not be allowed. If you would like to add something, but do not know if it is acceptable, ask an administrator.
- A list of administrators that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! --Shiningpikablu252 20:41, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
please let it be on there---User:ArceusEX
then where can i put it---User:ArceusEX
Talk Page Comments
Please don't erase talk page comments for no reason. Trust me, you do NOT want to end up like Big Johnno, who got into an edit war with a sysop over comments the former had erased and was trying to keep erased. That user ended up blocked and subsequently had every erased comment restored.
The comment you erased is Shiningpikablu252's comment here. --Chocolate 21:57, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
then do comments on the comment section.ArceusEX[User:ArceusEX]]
Slow down on editing the
User: namespace. Editing your userpage too much will lead to it being locked again. Instead of making multiple small edits, why not instead use the preview button (Alt + Shift + P) to check your edits before saving the page? Thank you. Gligar 19:51, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
- Why have you gotten this? The limit of editing userpages and subpages is 3 a day, and you have surpassed that limit. Gligar 19:52, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
Please don't go recreating pages that were deleted as being outright pointless. You don't need to create polls for absoultely everything, and asking people whether a new type should be created for Arceus is a stupid question. I do not want to see the page "User:ArceusEX/Arceus's Status" in blue again, or else you'll be on the outside looking in quite fast. --Shiningpikablu252 19:52, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
Tone of Voice
It's never a good idea to tell a sysop to "shut up", be it once or repeatedly, nor is it a good idea to change your userpage to be primarily hate messages targeted at a sysop. Such behavior leads to a block every time. Please learn to control your temper and learn to say stuff in a positive fashion, lest you want to find yourself on the outside looking in forever...--Shiningpikablu252 20:04, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
- Hate Messages lead to Hate Pages, Hate Projects, Love, Lust, Loss, Anger, and then the DArkside.Dont do it.--DCM((Nag at Me!Edits))
oh why are you banned. i was your friend