| This page was last edited by|
PikaTepig999 on 1 January 2019.
HP: 37 / 119
1 (July 2008 – July 2015) • 2 (July 2015 – Feb 2016)
3 (Feb 2016 – Jan 2017) • 4 (Jan 2017 – Nov 2018)
If I leave a message on your talk page, go there to respond. The quickest way to contact me is by leaving a message in the #bulbapedia channel of the Bulbagarden Discord server or by DM-ing me at @abcboy#1515.
- 1 Pages
- 2 Adding transfer-only moves to Pokedex pages
- 3 Harrychips8
- 4 M21
- 5 Oranguru's Place
- 6 Disney XD India
- 7 Ultra Guardians Base
- 8 Zeraora
- 9 M11 on Hungama
- 10 Updated templates for LGPE
- 11 Question
- 12 Pokémon XY: Road to Kalos
- 13 SSB Reception secton
- 14 ©2005-"2016"!
- 15 Pokémon movies on Indian cinemas
- 16 Unban me from the Forums!
Hey, I have made two pages with my username. They are named User:Seabiscuit2020/Sandbox/Aura trio (Adventures) and User:Seabiscuit2020/Sandbox/Light trio (Adventures) Feel free to edit them. Seabiscuit2020 (talk) 06:49 25 November 2018 (UTC)
Adding transfer-only moves to Pokedex pages
I don't know if I can word this better myself, so I'm going to quote Nescientist.
- Sumwun and I believe that, for the moves, an additional section "By transfer from an earlier generation" would be sensible. (Please refer to User talk:Force Fire#Transfer-only moves and ability changes.) The addition of this subsection would enable users to tell what moves <species> can know (in <game/generation>) at one glance.
- It's very well possible even Tiddlywinks is underestimating how difficult it is to answer the "know in <game/generation>" question (as much as I initially did). As Sumwun said at the referenced talk page, currently, you'd have to click at least up to 6 links to learnset pages, assuming you already know by heart how transfer works (and that you can't transfer Pokémon from GO by any means, which is what I actually doublechecked). And additionally, you might have to actually neglect irrelevant sections on learnset pages (for example, in USUM/GenVII, Bulbasaur cannot know AncientPower AFAIK). (If there's a faster method, I'd like to hear it.)
- And I can't stress how important I think that question is, for I believe it is the central question to that species and learnset pages should be providing an answer to (the use case). It all boils down to that use case: in Tiddlywinks' words, what's the "concern" species/learnset pages try to address? I can't sketch a question/use case that would include "By events" but not "By transfer from a prior generation". (Well, for USUM, I can sketch the question "What moves can <species> with black clover know?", but that's arguably a "special" case, and probably comp-centric*.) I would like to know what you guys think that use case should be.
- Regarding Tiddlywinks' comment about this coming from a "specific focus like comp/challenges", I took some time to think about that. Apart from the fact that I don't think the use case is comp-centric even, it is also not subjective, but purely factual, unlike the questions you said "we're never going to do" (and, by the way, I agree we shouldn't). For example, I recall that I once designed a team for my next playthrough, and I was searching possible moves for them. From context, I can recreate it must've been for XY before ORAS came out, because I wanted my Swinub to have a good Special Ground-type STAB and ended up breeding it in an earlier generation so I could teach it Earth Power via move tutor, then transfered (and traded) it to the new save file. I don't think that I ever was, in any point in time, trying to answer a question where I required all current subsections but not "By transfer from a prior generation".
- I would like to know what you guys think that use case should be, and whether you think the suggestion subsection is sensible.
- It's mentioned at around 18:41 by the catch race announcer. --Abcboy (talk) 20:33, 8 December 2018 (UTC)
Was wondering if you've heard anything back about User:BigDocFan/Oranguru's Place and how User:BigDocFan/Gladion's Umbreon and User:05308/Gladion's_Lycanroc are towards being mainspaced?--BigDocFan (talk) 20:38, 8 December 2018 (UTC)
Disney XD India
So Disney XD India completed S09 in 16th Nov 2018 and S10 in 20th Nov 2018. For unknown reasons, they skipped the last episode of AG series AG192. Can you update SA article with this? Thanks in advance! --Yash Sen 12:47, 13 December 2018 (UTC)
Ultra Guardians Base
I created my own page for the Ultra Guardians Base and asked Blazingfist for comment, which he said I think it looks good for the most part. It could use a few more images I think but those can be added later. Perhaps most of it could fit on the Pokémon School article, but I wouldn't be opposed to it having its own page either. Feel free to ask a second opinion to abcboy though. What do you think?--BigDocFan (talk) 22:08, 13 December 2018 (UTC)
M11 on Hungama
So Hungama TV is releasing M11 for the first time in India as Giratina Aur Ek Maha Yodhha. See the promo here. It seems like Hungama will keep releasing new movies of Pokémon in India while Disney XD will keep releasing new seasons, series and episodes. Can you update SA page with this? --Yash Sen 15:00, 15 December 2018 (UTC)
- So the movie was aired today. It was English dub this time just like M10 and this time unlike before opening and ending themes of the movie were aired. They used an instrumental version of This is a Beautiful World as the ending of M11. Can you update SA page with this? --Yash Sen 06:40, 23 December 2018 (UTC)
Updated templates for LGPE
I wrote some code for existing templates, Template:Stats and Template:Pokémon/7 to be updated for LGPE, and left the test results on their respective Discussion pages. They're designed to use an optional field so pages that already have them won't be affected unless the field is included and set accordingly. Please take a look and let me know what you think. TehPerson (talk) 21:04, 18 December 2018 (UTC)
Pokémon XY: Road to Kalos
Hi. Road to Kalos is a special episode aired one week before XY001. It takes place on the plane Ash takes to Kalos and contains original scenes, as well as clips from previous series and a preview for the beginning of the XY series. It is mentioned on V (Volt)'s article. It even has a page on MyAnimeList. Should an article for this special episode be created? Thanks. --RafaelGN (talk) 22:47, 26 December 2018 (UTC)
- I think that would be good. Since it sounds like a clip show, I think would work as a title. --Abcboy (talk) 19:50, 31 December 2018 (UTC)
SSB Reception secton
Sorry I missed this out here in Bulbapedia before, but the ending credits of S08, S09 and S10 which aired on Disney XD India had different copyright years credited in the credits. They have the copyright years credited as ©2004-2016, ©2005-2016 and ©2006-2016 in the ending credits of S08, S09 and S10 respectively which is different from the US version. This indicates that Disney India have rights for all seasons in Pokémon up till XYZ (S19). They have also credited in it as "TM and ® are trademarks of Nintendo for Asian territories." which is again different from the US version. Is this notable enough for its inclusion in the SA page? --Yash Sen 15:35, 28 December 2018 (UTC)
- All this says is that the dubs were made around 2016, I don't think think that really says much about the seasons through S19. The trademark line being different is also not surprising since TPCi doesn't have a presence in Asia including India. I don't think this reveals anything that isn't stated or implied by the rest of the page. --Abcboy (talk) 19:50, 31 December 2018 (UTC)
- I think that all this implies that when the anime was licensed for airing in India, they simply updated the copyright and extended it up till 2016, or that was the year when the (re)licensing happened. It shouldn't necessarily be when the seasons were dubbed. Also, about the Asian territories line , it simply may have been added because these videos should be used in Asian countries only. → PikaTepig999 06:24, 1 January 2019 (UTC)
Pokémon movies on Indian cinemas
M20 and Detective Pikachu are releasing in Indian cinemas on Feb 2, 2019 and May 10, 2019 respectively. This is the first time Pokémon movies are releasing in Indian theaters. Can you update SA page with this? Thanks in advance! --Yash Sen 15:56, 31 December 2018 (UTC)
- Detective Pikachu was expected to be released on the big screen, as it's not an anime movie, but rather a live action one and distributed by a large company like Warner Bros. May 10 is the worldwide release date for Detective Pikachu, after all. But it's nice to see that I Choose You will be getting a limited release as well. If the date is correct and it is releasing on February 2, then it will be the first time a Pokemon anime movie is releasing in theaters. Though, that page is only showing it as being released in English, so maybe we'll have to wait till it airs on television for the regional dubs. → PikaTepig999 06:36, 1 January 2019 (UTC)
Unban me from the Forums!
I was just temporarily banned from Bulbagarden Forums for two days for something I posted, forgetting that it could be considered offensive (a Downfall parody). I'm sorry for what I did. Could I get unbanned? I have stuff at the forums I need to attend to. --FinnishPokéFan92 (talk) 18:44, 31 December 2018 (UTC)
- Please contact the forums staff using the Contact Us form or message Enzap on the Bulbagarden Discord. --Abcboy (talk) 19:50, 31 December 2018 (UTC)