Welcome to Bulbapedia, 223david!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:223david/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! --PsychicRider 16:14, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
I noticed you have been editing the
User: namespace a lot recently. You may not be aware of this, but Bulbapedia has a Userspace policy that asks users to try and minimize the number of userspace edits they make in a short period of time. Instead of making multiple edits, why not use the Preview button (Alt + Shift + P) located right next to the edit button to look at your page and see how it is coming? That way, your page can look great while staying within the required amount of edits. Instead of editing the userspace, as a wiki, we encourage users to edit the mainspace. So, if you edit the mainspace more often, you will be allowed to edit the userspace more. Thanks! --Kevzo8 10:31, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
If you did not read your last warning, then please read it now. You have edited the
User: namespace too much for now. Please do not edit your page any more for now. Thank you. --ForceFire 10:52, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
Honestly, it had really horrible grammar: uncapitalized words and the paragraphing of the sentences was horrific...Try to improve on that. --PsychicRider☮ 07:05, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- And bad spelling. --☆Coolピカチュウ! 07:12, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- its just a stub, I suck in my grammar and my spelling ok? and im just adding more info, im relying on someone else to help me with grammar and all those stuff>_< ---> 223david 11:29, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
You're spellin' it wrong! --Maxim 09:35, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
- Oops :P ---> 223david 09:36, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
Is illegal because it isn't allowed to be bigger than normal text, fix it please. MaverickNate 13:46, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- This Better? ---> 223☆Dåv]d 14:11, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- I think so. MaverickNate 03:39, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
Are you talking about enabling HTML on MediaWiki software? By default, most of what MediaWiki does shares code with HTML, although there are some differences and shortcuts. (ie, how MediaWiki bolds things.) If you're using different software I'm much less able to help you. -- evkl (need to talk?) 16:08, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- Oh.... oh well... Its for my teacher anyways xD ---> 223☆Dåv]d 16:19, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
Per our signature policy, the use of a template to sign comments with is not allowed. As such, I've had to delete your new subpage. If you want a customised signature, you have to hardcode it into your preferences. Sorry. —darklordtrom 09:49, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
- Ok -->223david 11:57, 4 October 2009 (UTC)