Welcome to Bulbapedia, 16ipodfanatic!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:16ipodfanatic/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
- And for reference, the Signature policy page is right here; you joined a while ago, so your welcome message doesn't have all the up-to-date links in it. Might need to take a quick look through the policies to get yourself up to speed. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 03:50, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
User space edits
Please slow down on editing your userpage. It stresses out the server. Try to contribute more to the main space. Failing to comply could result in your userpage privileges being taken away. --ケンジのガール 01:27, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
Talk Page Comments
Please don't erase talk page comments for no reason. Trust me, you do NOT want to end up like Big Johnno, who got into an edit war with a sysop over comments the former had erased and was trying to keep erased. That user ended up blocked and subsequently had every erased comment restored. --- Kogoro | Talk to me - 22:24, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
I'm sorry, I just saw the editor's note.16ipodfanatic 22:29, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
It has been a year since I joined Bulbapedia!16ipodfanatic 23:15, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
- and yet, youve only made 10 mainspace edits. perhaps you could make a few more in your second year? -- MAGNEDETH 23:49, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
- yeah,well, I have nothing to report. whenever I find out something, It's already there. I do have a theory about shaymin, but it won't work unless the anime shows it, and I don't think they will.16ipodfanatic 11:07, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- Keep your eyes open. We have loads of stubs to expand as well as a lot of wanted pages. On top of that, there are still numerous pages with typos and other small errors which can be fixed. Every edit doesn't have to be that big :] UltimateSephiroth (about me · chat · edits) 13:39, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
Sorry, I didn't know....Everything I do is wrong.........16ipodfanatic 02:02, 18 February 2010 (UTC)