From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article contains fan speculation.|
There is no solid evidence for or against some parts of this article.
Possible Remake Hints
- In DP174, in the Japanese Version (if I read the article right), wild Pokémon theme from the Advanced Generation series was used during the Contest appeals of everyone except Dawn.
- In the first Diamond & Pearl special, Dawn decides to travel to Hoenn to compete in Pokémon Contests there, just like May traveled to Johto for the same reason after the end of the Advanced Generation series.
- In Zoroark: Master of Illusions, the flags promoting the Pokémon Baccer World Cup that are all over the town (and thus, everywhere in the movie) has a Poké Ball on the flag. One section is red and the other is blue, and in the middle, there's a green button.
- In the Generation II remakes, HeartGold and SoulSilver, in the Cerulean Cave, there are large emerald formations, and, if one goes deeper into the cave, a large emerald maze.
- In HGSS, Steven Stone, the Champion of the Hoenn Region, makes an appearance, and gives you a choice of a Hoenn Region Starter Pokémon.
- The Pokémon Centers in HGSS have a green Poké Ball symbol on the floor.
- If you talk to one of the people in the Celadon Mansion, they will say "We are remaking an old game, but this is quite a challenge. Old fans would not want usw to mess with their good memories...". Some people I've say they're actually talking about HGSS. I believe it's a potential Ruby/Sapphire remake.
- All the Pokémon Centers have a green colored Poké Ball on the floor, similar to the Gold and Silver Poké Ball on the Pokémon Center floors in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.
- The Root and Claw Fossils are on display in the Pewter City Museum of Science.
- Hoenn Sound, the sound of Route 101, can be played on the Pokégear, and attracts Hoenn Pokémon to the player.
- Bill mentions Lanette (who, in turn, mentioned him in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald), and the Hoenn Region.
- Black and White's lack of connectivity to Generation III serves as a sign in itself.
- In Black and White, there are multiple hints, with several people make references to Hoenn. In Undella Town, several people who only visit during the summer are said to come from Hoenn. The The Riches are also very similar to the Winstrate Family from Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.
- The Pokémon Basculin which (while also looking like a Rabuta Berry, a Generation III introduced Berry), they come in two varieties, green with red stripes, and green with blue stripes, the colors on Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.
- While not being found in game (to my knowledge) data for the Fluffy Tail, Shoal Shell exists in Black and White.
- In Black and White, a Backpacker in the Desert Resort mentions that he is from the Hoenn region, and mentions the Go-Goggles.
- In the Driftveil Gym, the Gym Leader, Clay, is mining for emeralds.
- Dive has been restored to HM status. That is all.
- Also, there are similarties between the Surfing parts of Route 18 in Unova (with the currents and small shallow waters) that resemble area of open ocean in Hoenn.
- The player needs special objects to summon the Legendary Pokémon of the Unova Region, Zekrom and Reshiram, who use the Dark Stone and the Light Stone respectively. Groudon and Kyogre are both summoned (and enraged) with the Blue and Red Orb respectively (in Emerald only, in HGSS, the player merely encounters them with the respective Orb), and Rayquazais encountered with the Jade Orb.
- An Armaldo fossil is shown in the Nacrene City Pokémon Gym.
- The Safari Ball has a catching animation programmed into Black and White despite not being legitimately able to be used, as there is no Safari Zone. Hoenn however, does have a Safari Zone.
- While not official in anyway. Pokésho seems to be gaining alot more Generation III images.
Reasons why a remake would make sense
The battery in Emerald (I'm not so sure about Ruby and Sapphire, they seem to be working), can run dry, making all time based events (such as the evolution of Eevee, Berry growing, and being able to reach Mirage Island), impossible. If Generation III remakes do appear. Also, there are some TMs that have been retained (I did not notice this, I read it somewhere). Rock Tomb (Roxanne), Bulk Up (Brawly), Overheat (Flannery), Facade (Norman), Aerial Ace (Winona), and Calm Mind (Tate and Liza). Watson and Wallace do not have their original TMs retained, so it is likely they will be replaced with Generation V TMs. What I am reading suggests Wild Bolt and Scald respectively.
There are also multiple Pokémon, Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile, Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken, Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Nincada, Ninjask, Shedinja, Makuhita, Hariyama, Nosepass, Skitty, Delcatty, Meditite, Medicham, Electrike, Manectric, Gulpin, Swalot, Numel, Camerupt, Torkoal, Spoink, Grumpig, Spinda, Cacnea, Cacturne, Castform, Kecleon, Duskull, Dusclops, Snorunt, Glalie, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Koffing, Weezing, and Rayquaza, which aren't able to be found in Black and White. These are all found in the Hoenn Pokédex.
Nintendo also seems to have a pattern of remaking games every ten years. In 2012, it will have been ten years since Ruby and Sapphire's original release date, if I am not mistaken.