From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Generation VI
| Moves can be used on the target regardless of its Abilities.
Turboblaze (Japanese: ターボブレイズ Turboblaze) is an Ability introduced in Generation V. It is the signature Ability of Reshiram, which White Kyurem adopts.
Turboblaze ignores the effects of Abilities that could potentially affect the damage or effects of a move that its user executes. For example, a Pokémon with Turboblaze can hit opponents that possess Levitate by using Earthquake. Turboblaze applies regardless of target Pokémon, but only to moves executed by its user (so if two Pokemon in a Double Battle both know Earthquake, only the Pokémon with Turboblaze can hit a Pokémon with Levitate).
Unlike Gastro Acid, which completely negates a target's Ability, the opponents' Abilities otherwise remain in effect:
- Abilities that prevent status conditions (such as Immunity and Oblivious) will not protect the Pokémon from receiving the status condition; however, many of these Abilities also have effects to cure the Pokémon of the status condition if afflicted, which are not negated by Turboblaze.
- Abilities that draw attacks to the user, such as Lightning Rod and Storm Drain, will still divert attacks in Double or Triple Battles regardless of Turboblaze, but will not nullify the damage or boost the Pokémon's stats.
If a Pokémon with Turboblaze forces a Pokémon to switch in with a move like Roar or Dragon Tail, immunities to entry hazards due to Abilities will be negated (except Magic Guard). If forced to switch in this way:
When a Pokémon with Turboblaze is brought out, the message "<name> is radiating a blazing aura!" will be displayed.
Turboblaze ignores the following Abilities, even in situations where the Ability could increase the power of a move (such as using Low Kick on a Pokemon with Heavy Metal or using a Fire-type move on a Pokémon with Dry Skin):
| Generation V onwards
|| Battle Armor, Big Pecks, Clear Body, Contrary, Damp, Dry Skin, Filter, Flash Fire, Flower Gift, Friend Guard, Heatproof, Heavy Metal, Hyper Cutter, Immunity, Inner Focus, Insomnia, Keen Eye, Leaf Guard, Levitate, Light Metal, Lightning Rod, Limber, Magic Bounce, Magma Armor, Marvel Scale, Motor Drive, Multiscale, Oblivious, Own Tempo, Sand Veil, Sap Sipper, Shell Armor, Shield Dust, Simple, Snow Cloak, Solid Rock, Soundproof, Sticky Hold, Storm Drain, Sturdy, Suction Cups, Tangled Feet, Telepathy, Thick Fat, Unaware, Vital Spirit, Volt Absorb, Water Absorb, Water Veil, White Smoke, Wonder Guard, Wonder Skin
| Generation VI
|| Aroma Veil, Bulletproof, Flower Veil, Fur Coat, Sweet Veil
Outside of battle
Turboblaze has no effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Turboblaze
|| First Ability
|| Second Ability
|| Hidden Ability
| Please note that this is only 100% accurate to Generation VII games.
- For Generation III games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation IV or later and Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation IV games, ignore Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation V games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VI or later.
- For Generation VI games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VII or later.
In other languages