Professer Birch actually maked a cameo in Playing with Fire, or Johto Photo Finish. I not sure which one it was. ShinyPiKa 00:51, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
Add quotes, please.
- After becoming the champion
- "Well, well, <player>! That was good work out there! I knew there was something special about you when I first saw you, but I never expected this. Oh, yes. Do you still have the Pokédex I gave you? I have something to show you. Let's go to my Lab."
- After becoming the championE
- "Now... <Player> and May/Brendan, I've had the two of you help me study Pokémon. Thanks to your help, new facts are coming to light. It appears that in the Hoenn region, there are also Pokémon from other regions. It goes to show how rich and varied the natural environments of Hoenn happen to be. That's why I think it's necessary for me to upgrade your Pokédex to the National Mode. Here, let me see your Pokédex units."
- "Okay, all done!"
- "But listen. You've become the Champion, but your Pokémon journey isn't over. There is no end to the world that is Pokémon. Somewhere, there is a grassy patch that's waiting for you!"
Hi everybody, I have changed the listing for the requirements to get Gen II, V, and IV starters because the ones listed are not the requirements. I obtained all three before completion of the Delta Episode. For now, they will say "after entering the Hall of Fame" until more detailed criteria have been determined. Flanl (talk) 22:07, 16 April 2015 (UTC)
- Since ORAS came out, the requirements have more or less always been said to be Hall of Fame, Delta Episode, Hall of Fame again (or, at any rate, varied). I tested it myself and I believe that I couldn't get the later starters without clearing the Delta Episode or without entering the Hall of Fame again. That's not great testimony, but combined with the preponderance of previous experience, it would really be better to trust the previous wording for the time being, and ask that a third party re-test the requirements and report on their experience. Tiddlywinks (talk) 15:09, 15 April 2015 (UTC)
- I would just like to mention that, as a matter of fact, I got my Chimchar in December from Professor Birch, and my second clearing of the Hall of Fame happened about three weeks ago. I will be remaking my previous edit until somebody goes into the coding and proves the actual requirements. Flanl (talk) 22:07, 16 April 2015 (UTC)