Talk:Pokémon the Series: Ruby and Sapphire
WHY did you but that up?- Pokencyclopedia
I'm wondering what exactly goes in this article at this point. Making into redirect to Pokémon anime until someone can justify duplicating the summaries at Pokémon Advanced and Pokémon: Advanced Challenge. - 振霖T 12:26, 20 Aug 2005 (CDT)
It should come on sometime these days...
does this series take place in Hoenn? -MasterKenobi 04:44, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
- Yes.--ForceFire 04:45, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, it should probably be added somewhere in the article. I just needed it for the dex entries. -MasterKenobi 04:52, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
According to a post by the official Pokémon website, the Advanced Generation series is called Pokémon the Series: Ruby and Sapphire. This post was made today, and I'm not saying that the epicode should be changed from "AG" to "RS", nor am I saying to change all instances of "Advanced Generation series", but it should probably be mentioned at least somewhere besides talk pages. Also worth noting is that Pokémon: Advanced is on iTunes now. Pokémon: Advanced Challenge will be added on Oct. 13, Pokémon: Advanced Battle on Oct. 27, and Pokémon: Battle Frontier on November 10. Bigpboy (talk) 00:48, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
- The first I heard about this was the latest anime box sets, so the revelation was new. I believe the page name should be altered to Pokémon the Series: Ruby and Sapphire given that all series after this point, Diamond & Pearl, Black & White, XY and Sun & Moon, are named in line with the generation's games. I liked the bridging line in the article, which acknowledges that the series is referred to as the 'Advanced series' by fans, but its technical name is Pokémon the Series: Ruby and Sapphire. Based on technicality and consistency the name change should go ahead though maintain its current acknowledgement of the fan name to avoid angst.PardescanSlowbro (talk) 06:34, 26 May 2018 (UTC)
Like i said about the Diamond & Pearl series, I don't think the title should be changed to Pokémon the Series: Ruby and Sapphire. Just because it might anger the fans. Just let it stay as Advanced Generation series. DarkDan 11:38, 2 February 2020 (UTC)
- Why would it anger fans? And even if it does, should we use a less correct title just because some people are angered? --SnorlaxMonster 12:51, 2 February 2020 (UTC)
- We intend to leave the pre-existing epicodes as they were. Pokémon Journeys is an exception, due to the series not having a unique title in Japanese necessitating that we use the series' dub name. --SnorlaxMonster 10:21, 11 June 2020 (UTC)
I may be wrong, but the title was changed to Pokémon the series: Ruby and Sapphire because of Pokémon TV, as they wanted the title to follow a pattern.
- The DVD set Pokémon the Series: Ruby and Sapphire - Limited Edition Collection may have been the first official source to use the title. I'm not sure of exactly when it was announced and exactly when Pokémon TV added series names. I don't think it's particularly important either way though. --SnorlaxMonster 03:27, 22 June 2020 (UTC)