Talk:Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
Origin of Name
Someone was theorizing about the name coming from XD in roman numerals being 490 which would be 104 new Pokémon, it's a pretty good theory imo but I don't know if it should be mentioned here. - Jshadias 23:49, 21 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- "490" in Roman Numerals is properly "CDXC".Machinedramon 18:46, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
It probably comes from the fact that Lugia was called "Pokemon X" before Gold and Silver were released, and the "D" comes from dark. It probably doesn't come from eXtra Demension, as it says on the page. --Bulbafreak9000 00:10, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
major update of article
I have roughly updated the page. I'm sure it's still incomplete, but this will be enough for now, I guess. As my English isn't very good, I tried my hardest to write properly, but someone should check it. Credit for the translated title and some other information I used goes to Meowth346. --nYoo 17:25, 13 May 2005 (UTC)
Metang at Lv. 30!!!!!!
The Metang at the events were actually at Lv. 30 each. I know that this is true because I went to the 2005 Pokemon Rocks America, leaving with a Lv. 30 Metang and the Mystic Ticket in my Emerald. themaestro2.0 17:34, 29 July 2007 (UTC)
Did anyone notice that it looks like a smiley?Krakash 21:25, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
- Whenever someone uses that smiley, I wonder why they're talking about this game. Zurqoxn 01:31, 5 May 2008 (UTC)
Strongest Shadow Pokemon
"Though Lugia is the main focus of the game, it is only the second strongest Shadow Pokémon"
Um, this should mention the strongest Pokémon, then.Machinedramon 18:43, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
- Fair point. Gywall 18:46, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
- Have you gone from Miru to Battlus without changing your team? If not, that's your problem. You need to go from 1 to 100 without making alterations to your team along the way in order to get a Johto starter. --Shiningpikablu252 02:23, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
Are any of the Pokemon transferable [to Hoenn]? I see a list but is it a direct download? And how? Quote: its Poké Ball depends on the one used for catching it. Does that mean you have to catch it after download? Sivart345 05:31, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
- You can trade between XD and Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. That's how Pokémon caught in this game get from Orre to Hoenn.
- The same goes for Colosseum for getting Colosseum Pokémon from Orre to another country (though going to Sinnoh is an indirect route through another country since the Gamecube games can't connect with the DS ones). --Shiningpikablu252 16:26, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
- Yep. It means the ball that was used to catch it in the Gamecube game (this applies to both Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness). Simply put, if you snag Snattle's shadow Lunatone with a Great Ball, it will be reflected as being in a Great Ball no matter where it goes. If you trade over a Dive Ball from a GBA game and use it to snag shadow Dragonite in the last match against Miror B., that Dragonite will be shown to be in a Dive Ball even after Pal Park has run its course. --Shiningpikablu252 16:21, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
First Pokemon game without a subtitle?
Are we forgetting about Pokemon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition?