Talk:List of censored words in Generation V
Just a suggestion
Does anyone think maybe this should be made collapsible? We've got the warning at the top of the page but that won't stop anyone from accidentally glancing down. THINK OF THE CHILDREN! ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ 07:08, 3 April 2011 (UTC)
I think it must mean something in one of the game languages too. Look, there are no other words from languages that don't release games. Also, its meaning is probably too weak for it to be censored. I'm sure that what they meant is NOT the Norwegian word for idiot. --Maxim 11:02, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
- Urban Dictionary says: "German for 'dirty pig'. Normally an insult." Though I don't know a thing of German; I'm unsure how strong an insult it is, but at least it's a language the game is in, so that's probably it. Memo326 02:08, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
- Con actually has two meanings. The old meaning is the immediate translation of the latin cunus, a familiar designation of the vagina. This gave cunt in english.
- Nowadays, the word is mostly used to design an idiot though. InvocK 11:42, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
Why are all those accented and umlauted characters in lowercase while the rest of the word is uppercase? I'm just assuming you guys put "ENCULER" and "ENCULéR" because no one knows the correct way to do an uppercase accented É (Alt+0201). And yes, the game has those letters in uppercase form. So to those who can edit it, fix them using your computer's native character map. TTEchidna 02:44, 18 August 2011 (UTC)
- That's how they are stored in the game data; all uppercase excepted accented characters. They are case insensitive though, so I wouldn't object to changing all the words to uppercase. --SnorlaxMonster 08:08, 18 August 2011 (UTC)
- Or to normal case, since that's kinda how people would put them in. TTEchidna 18:38, 6 September 2011 (UTC)
Some more translations for french swearwords
As requested by MisterE13, I come to help on translating some of the words lacking their english equivalents :
- Couillon/Couillonne : Stupid boy/Stupid girl
- Pétasse : Slut/Whore
- Pouf/Pouffiasse : Slut/Whore
Some precisions too :
- Bougnoul would be "Sandnigger" actually
- Crevard can also have the meaning of being a hobo
- Salaud/Salopard and Salope are NOT masculin/feminin equivalents. A Salaud/Salopard (masculin) is a bastard, a backstabber. A Salope (feminin) is a slut. Salop is a variation of Salaud, poorly ortographied.
Happy to see this article, it gives us a good opportunity to share cultural specificities. After all, that's what a wiki is about : sharing knowledge and wisdom.
InvocK 11:42, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
| AFFANCULO Fuck You | BAGASCIA Bitch | BALDRACCA Bitch | BATTONA Bitch | BOCCHINARA Dick Sucker (Female) | BOCCHINARO Dick Sucker (Male) | CAZZI Dicks | CAZZO Dick | CHIAVARE To Fuck | COGLIONE Cunt | CULATTONE Faggot | DIO BESTIA *Blasphemy | DIO CANE *Blasphemy | DIO PORCO *Blasphemy | FANCULO Fuck You | FICA Pussy | FIGA Pussy | FOTTERE Fuck | FROCIO Faggot | INCULARE Anal Fuck | MIGNOTTA Bitch | MINCHIA Cunt | POMPINARA Dick Sucker | POMPINO Dick Suck | PORCO DIO *Blasphemy | PUTTANA Bitch | RICCHIONE Faggot | ROTTINCULO Faggot | SBORRA Cum | SEGAIOLO Someone who masturbates himself a lot | TROIA Bitch | TROIETTA Little Bitch | TROIONA Big Bitch | TROIONE Big Bitch | VAFFANCULO Fuck You | ZOCCOLA Bitch I'd never imagined I could find a list of almost all the words I'll never say in front of my parents in my language here, on Bulbapedia --SamuStar 21:43, 1 November 2011 (UTC)
- Probably easier if you just add them yourself. Also, "SEGAIOLO" would probably be better translated as "Wanker". (I don't know any Italian, but that is the English equivalent of the description you gave.)--SnorlaxMonster 07:41, 2 November 2011 (UTC)
- Ok, I'm gonna add them. But Blasphemy isn't the correct translation of "DIO BESTIA" "DIO CANE" "DIO PORCO" and "PORCO DIO". Dio means God, while Bestia, Cane and Porco mean respectively Beast, Dog and Pig. In Italy expression such as "Porco Dio" is really considerated a very big offence to God, but I don't know ho to translate them on English SamuStar 07:56, 2 November 2011 (UTC)