Here are some ideas:
-Possibly better names for the lake and weather trios and Dialga/Palkia/Giratina (note that each of these guys have a similar look like all trios [these have a similar mouth] and share a naming system [like all trios except the weather trio]): Legendary fairies (maybe pixies/sprites/spirits?), legendary ancients, and legendary dragons (or something that involves dimensions).
-I agree with several articles saying Rayquaza is the internal leader/mediator of the weather trio, especially since it is more powerful that the other 2.
-I think maybe Arceus can be considered the leader of both the fairies and dragons. This would fit since it is so powerful.
-I don't think the weather/dimensional trios can be considered true trios, since they break some patterns (Weather - not all are equally powerful; internal leadership; don't share a naming system; they look similar but are not in the same, say, "family"; while other trios would typically share the same stance (flying, all fours, bipedal, etc.), these do not; Dimensional - not all together in 'dex listings; stance thing). Also, perhaps one could say each has a legendary that sort of opposes what they represent? The weather trio all represent a part of the Earth, whereas Deoxys is an extra-terrestrial being, and the dimensional trio each represent a dimension of reality, whereas Darkrai represents dreams. So perhaps these guys can be seen as "leader" (well, antithesis) to these trios.
Sorry for the OR. ^^; --Momru 21:00, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
Merging the trio pages
I think all of the trio pages should be merged into this article. Most are very short and would fit under their own headings in this article. At the very least, trio master should be merged with this article. Thoughts? --Momru 16:29, 11 May 2007 (UTC)
- I was just going to suggest this. It sounds like a great idea. Whoo for extremely late replies. MK 13:14, 7 February 2008 (UTC)
Other Possible Groupings
- Celebi (Prayer)
- Jirachi (Wish)
- This is also hinted at when Jirachi replaced Celebi on the bonus disc; Celebi's wish-granting seems to be the benevolent kind that gods do, Jirachi's seem to be the literal, malevolent kind that demons/genies do
- Shaymin (Nature)
- Rotom (Technology)
- Regigigas (Pangaea)
- Manaphy (Panlassa)
- Phione is servant to Manaphy
- Deoxys (DNA/Space)
- Heatran (Magma/Earth)
- Rotom is not a Legendary, though... ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 14:15, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
- It does have the music, and you can only catch one in an event battle. Plus, Manaphy/Phione is also in the genderless egg group. I don't know, it just seems to be set up as an opposite pretty well.KrytenKoro 19:00, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
- True, but that also means that not all legendaries must appear in the exact same circumstances, and Rotom still has the traditional "legendary pokemon" theme. While Rotom may corrupt technology, it is still drawn to it - just like how Lugia is drawn to the sea, while its duty in the movie is to depower it.KrytenKoro 19:12, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
Hey, has anyone noticed how the trio pics on this site are (no offense) COMPLETELY PATHETIC?!?! I say someone ask Aragornbird (the webmaster on Arkeis.com) to make some trio pics. Those things are terrible! Giratina's Embodiment (talk · contribs)
- Official artwork is preferable to fan art. We get less edit wars that way. --FabuVinny |Talk Page| 18:27, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
I still say we should call in aragornbird, his pics are awsome. Please don't say 'if you think FAW is so good, you draw pics yourself', because I can barely draw Ditto. Giratina's Embodiment 23:20, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
Other Possible Groupings Part II
I think you should extend those to full trio ideas, rather than just duo such. I would do at least one: Mew/Celebi/Jirachi ('Cute' trio) Also, while we're on the talk of 'cute' legends, I agree with whoever in Terminia put up a Manaphy/Phione pair on the duos page. I need to get to that right now. What in the name of Majora put brains in that guy? (Sorry, that's a compliment). Giratina's Embodiment 23:54, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
- ...Do you have proof of such?~Ποκεμανιακα0β 00:17, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
No Merge on my lands!
NO merging the trio pages on my watch. Although I agree with merging the Legendary Trio and Trio Master pages. Giratina's Embodiment 18:21, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
Pics Part II
Okay, I have an idea. I'm gonna talk to aragornbird, and if he agrees, how about we add the pics rather than changed to them? Because I think those pics are awesome, but agree with Fabu-Vinny; it'll prevent unnessasary edit wars. Giratina's Embodiment 18:44, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
I think that these trios need better names! for example; G/K/R: Wheather Trio? Bad Name. Mabye change to Legendary Earthmasters? Or Super-Ancients, I like that one. U/M/A: Lake Trio? Again, bad name. Try Lake Spirits, or Legendary Spirits. D/P/G: Dragon Trio? Not to bad, but I like that Universal Trio one. Or Legendary Universals. Giratina's Embodiment 20:21, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
Good point, but could we at least throw in alternate names for them, like (using dragon trio as example)
Dragon trio is the term used to describe the trio of Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. They are also known as the Universal Trio.
Or something like that. Giratina's Embodiment 20:27, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
- If you made up that name, and not another professional website, then no. PL12 20:28, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
Fine then. Giratina's Embodiment 21:58, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
All of those names are terrible. Earthmasters? Kyogre lives in the Ocean and Rayquaza in the sky. Why would we even include fan names? -Sketch 22:06, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
Can it, Sketch. I ain't called Giratina's Embodiment for nothing.
- You shouldn't talk to Sketch like that, he's an admin. Plus he does have a point. --PsychicRider☮ 17:12, 8 November 2008 (UTC)
Did you not hear what I just said?! I ain't called Giratina's Embodiment for nothing. My master just has a little trouble with the keyboard. Giratina's Embodiment 17:14, 8 November 2008 (UTC)
- Riiight. Still, fan made names shouldn't be used. This is an encyclopedia, and we don't use them here, it was what my point and Sketch's point. --PsychicRider☮ 17:17, 8 November 2008 (UTC)
Whatever. I'm just gonna specify what my names meant.
Earthmasters: This trio controls the condition of the Earth. Super-Ancients: They are ancient Pokémon.
Lake Spirits: This trio's member's all live in lakes in all games they appear in, and M/A are seen as spirits in the anime. Legendary Spirits: latter of previous explanation.
Universal Trio: This trio may as well control the universe. Legendary Universals: Exact same thing. Giratina's Embodiment 22:29, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
Is it a coincidence?
- No, I think that was planed Yami 20:05, 14 November 2009 (UTC)
I belive a mention is the least they can have; they behave exactly like the trios of older generations, with 580 BST and their avaliability. Keldeo acts in some ways like a trio master, rather that making a quartet, and is an event Pokemon on top of that. Also, it is d'Artagnan and the Three Muskateers, not The Four Muskateers, keep that in mind.
As for the Fuijin/Raijin trio, Landros has a higher BST that Tornaros and Voltros, and acts in some ways similar to a trio master. Both of the traditional 580 trios in Gen V are unorthodox, but they deserve a mention at least.
I would argue about making a mention of Mewtwo, Lugia and Ho-Oh having a relationship similar to that of trios like the Dragon one, but not being a real trio due to their origins being quite different, and the only relation between Mewtwo and the birds being on a statistical level. Eriorguez 02:20, 2 October 2010 (UTC)
- Is the third one a version mascot? No. So obviously no.--Sher-e-Bengal- 11:48, 8 October 2010 (UTC)
- Not YET, I would say, but it is obvious, give it 2 years. Eriorguez 18:33, 8 October 2010 (UTC)
- I think calling it uncategorised could confuse people who come to the page. While not all 3 of them are mascots it can be assumed that Kyurem will be the mascot for the 3rd version, though assumption isn't good enough to list it as so. However if Kyurem isn't the mascot then it would be listed as a normal trio which would confuse some who would think otherwise. I think the problem is that a Mascot trio hasn't been properly defined. Is it where all 3 members are mascots? In which has while Kyurem may be a mascot in the future for now it isn't and thus the Energy Dragons aren't (at the moment) as mascot trio. Is it where the majority (two thirds) are mascots? In which case even while Kyurem isn't a mascot the trio has enough mascot members to count as a mascot trio. Tasty Salamanders 12:25, 11 October 2010 (UTC)
- Not YET, I would say, but it is obvious, give it 2 years. Eriorguez 18:33, 8 October 2010 (UTC)
Any reason that the trio names are somewhat inconsistent?
- We have:
- The Legendary Birds, Beasts, and Golems.
- Then the Lake Guardians.
- And then the Musketeer, Kami, Weather, Creation, Tao trio.
Clearly this is inconsistent, and I think some changes should and can be made. The Birds, Beasts, and Golems are fine. The term, "Lake Guardians", is canon. (in the anime) Musketeer trio seems a bit biased since they are NOT the musketeers, just BASED off the three Musketeers, however the name will work for now unless an official name is released, however I would prefer Legendary musketeers over Musketeer trio. Same goes for Kami trio, and if agreed upon, I think it should change to "Legendary kami" as well, considering they are all based off kami. Tao trio is.. awful. I don't think a trio should be named after an entire religion. If anything else, Balance trio would be better, but to be consistent, Balance dragons would work as well.
- This would leave us with:
- Legendary Birds.
- Legendary Beasts.
- Legendary Golems.
- Lake Guardians.
- Legendary Musketeers.
- Legendary Kami.