What, no mention of Lance's Gamesharky tendencies? He's had two Pokémon with moves they couldn't actually learn--the Dragonite with Barrier (which it has never been able to learn) in Red/Blue and the Aerodactyl with Rock Slide (which it couldn't learn at the time) in Gold/Silver. Zdododododo 02:53, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
- I'll put that in trivia. And, I think pretty much every Pokémon he owns knows Hyper Beam. That's trivia too. Angerman 23:29, 1 September 2007 (UTC)
I've heard that Lance's Dragonair/Dragonite in Red/Blue will not use Slam or Hyper Beam if you send out a Grass- or Poison-type Pokémon against him. It's partially mentioned here. I've unintentionally tested this myself during a normal playthrough, where I had only a Level 40 Weezing against Lance's Dragonite. The battle took forever, but Dragonite used only Agility and Barrier against Weezing. Could this be added to the article? Thanks. Ultraflame 19:35, 20 April 2008 (UTC)
er hat doch nur das rote Garados und das normale Garados bekommt man doch im Anime nie zu Gesicht.--Fahrenheit 19:48, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
- Look, I realize you're German, but we're not going to do all the work of communication for you. So English please? (And to other editors, don't tell me "babelfish" because in all honesty the second part of Fahrenheit's comment is reduced to nonsense.)--Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 22:50, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
in the anime i saw only the red one and not the normal one . i ask you in which episode he has the normal one?--Fahrenheit 08:14, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
shouldn't there be a page for his Dragonite.? After all it has appeared for most of the episode, helped Ash and co., and also battled the Red gyrados?? not to mention it's his main battler. RovingTrainer
Not a Gym Leader?
Lance is in the Gym leader category, but on his edit page there is no place to remove the Gym Leader Category tag, so I couldn't remove it. Lance is not a gym leader, so I'm not sure why he's been put in that category. Jacobe 20:03, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
Clair's and Lance's names
Could it be possible that Clair's and Lance's are related to the word clairvoyance? If you take the L out of Lance, the two have their names in clairvoyance. I know clairvoyance would be more related to psychic than dragon, but dragons are mystical creatures and clairvoyance is a mystical ability.
I'm waiting for a third Dragon trainer called Voy (or something like that) to show up if this is true.
Salamence (HG/SS Team)
- Hmm. We'll reduce protection on that then. Remember to sign your comments, btw. —darklordtrom 20:15, 17 September 2009 (UTC)
Make a tag battle template
If you'd look at this:
Why is his Dragonite a single Pokémon? Why not make it like Steven's? Maybe I'd understand it if it was his only Pokémon, but still, it's pretty weird. --Bulbafan 23:50, 28 September 2009 (UTC)
- Dragonite is most likely his only Pokémon that he uses during the tag battle. If it is, that's why Dragonite is by itself. R.A. Hunter Blade 02:29, 29 September 2009 (UTC)
- Does lance has a backsprite during the tag battle? if yes someone should upload it -Pokeant 04:42, 14 October 2009 (UTC)
Gen I Art
Is this the full art of Lance from Generation I? The art for the other trainers that appear here are their official art from Generation I, but I have never seen this art for Lance (neither have I seen an official Gen I art for him). Does someone have a better picture and can someone confirm this image?--KurowaSan 09:13, 28 April 2010 (UTC)
- That image appears to have been deleted. —darklordtrom 10:53, 28 April 2010 (UTC)
- Ok, I did a search for this picture and it really is Gen I Sugimori art for Lance. This picture was taken from a page of ポケモンひけるかな？ (Can You Play Pokémon?), a CD that came with a book containing music scores for the music from the game, which I didn't find an article about on Bulbapedia. Here it is for reference: English and covers, Info in Japanese, Some more info. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a better picture. --KurowaSan 12:35, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
I don't understand this part at the Trivia section: "Lance has battles with two illegal Pokémon" (Dragonite, Aerodactyl) What does it mean with "illegal Pokemon", since when are there pokemon which are illegal to own? OMG 06:10, 28 May 2010 (UTC)
- It isn't that they are illegal to own, it's that they are impossible to obtain without the use of a cheating device - Aerodactyl can't learn Rock Slide in generation II and Dragonite can't learn Barrier in generation I, yet his Pokémon have those moves. Werdnae (talk) 06:20, 28 May 2010 (UTC)
Hair colour in Pokemon Adventures?
I always wondered this in PokeSpe why isn't Lance's hair the same colour as Silver's. I mean they both do have red hair and Lance's hair looks more blonde...is this trivia...though i'm sure there's a logical answer to this... CrystalMarina97--Crystal (TALK) 22:16, 7 July 2010 (UTC)