From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
I think Pochama used Bide aganist the Ariados...I'm not sure though. -Sketchies 23:38, 30 September 2006 (UTC)
It did. - Paperfairy @ 20:35 03/19/2007
I think Piplup is voiced by Jamie Peacock cause in a way it sounds like Ash's Cyndaquil. - unsigned comment from Livinlarge18 (talk • contribs)
- That could be true... Though I can't be sure because they never list the voices for Pokémon in the credits (except for Pikachu). --☆ケンジガール 01:53, 1 October 2007 (UTC)
Could it be said that Piplup might not evolve? It knows Whirlpool which is a level 32 move, and evolves into Prinplup at level 16... Or would that be purely speculation? - Constant 10:31, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
seeing how much time it's spent out of the pokeball,and as it's dawn's signature pokemon(much like ash and pikachu),i think its going to stay a piplupGarrison12795 12:31, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
- Also level = not anime. Otherwise jeez, Ash either Rare Candied Charmeleon a lot or just didn't bother training Charmander. TTEchidna 08:26, 17 April 2008 (UTC)
Yeah Level/evolving seems to have very little standing in the show, I mean Ash's Charmander knew flamethrower when he caught it. - unsigned comment from Cahillbro (talk • contribs)
- though i kinda want it to evolve. Its amazingly cute, but an Empoleon or at least a Prinplup could do wonders for her. Maybe she'll catch a Chikorita for GSDS. i wish... but dont count on it.
That's what most thought on Torchic during Adv. But it evolve anyways. And level did exist in the anime but is now neglected. Remember back in the first season, someone mentioned Pikachu as around lvl.25 after Ash said he was traveling for just two months, forgot the episode title sorry.
its obvious its torrent but idk how to edit that Happizelpom 05:33, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
- That was never shown. -Billy4b2004 12:10, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
im not doubting it but what were the exact words that referred it to being male? Happizelpom 04:00, 20 January 2009 (UTC)
- Yea,I've watched all the dub episodes to,and I don't remember any "he" words when refering to Piplup,only "it". Lovely Rose 18:52, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
- Woah, woah, woah. Proof please. I have barely watched the dub (I did want to see how much they cut in the recent ghost episode) but this seems out of character, especially when almost all the evidence points towards female. Aura-Knight 23:58, 3 February 2009 (UTC) Note: On checking the history, there apparently is a small reference in DP011. I'm not going to dispute this but the dub's probably making a mistake....
- Almost all evidence pointing toward Piplup being female? The only evidence pointing toward Piplup being female is that cheerleader outfit from DP061, and that's highly debatable since Pachirisu also wore one and its head stripe is heavy evidence pointing toward it being male. The fact that it's voiced by females means nothing--Madame Muchmoney's Snubbull is a confirmed female yet in the dub was voiced by a male in that evolution state, while Ash's Totodile is heavily pointed toward being male yet is voiced by females.
- There's actually more evidence that points toward Piplup being male--there's the embarrasment in that maid outfit from DP062 and Dawn interpreting Piplup's speech using a masculine pronoun in the Japanese version of DP087. ****, if it weren't for Yellow and Anabel, that interpretation of Piplup's speech would probably have been taken as rock-solid evidence that Piplup is male.
- Of course, there isn't enough evidence either way pointing toward a specific gender in Piplup's case. And if there isn't 100% confirmation, it doesn't matter how much evidence points toward one way--it's entirely possible that all the evidence points one direction yet it eventually gets confirmed the other way. --Shiningpikablu252 00:13, 4 February 2009 (UTC)