From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
It i so far the only Grass type Pokemon starter not based on a reptile. Chomper4 (talk) 13:02, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
Category:Generation VI Pokémon needs to be added to the starters' pages. I'd have done it myself, but the pages are protected --PenBlooeR 14:53, 8 January 2013 (UTC
In the Name Origin section of the page Chespin is called "Chestpin" which I think is an error. I can't correct it because the page is protected. Water Max (talk) 16:02, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
I think his name may be based on a porcupine too. Chestnut and porcupine. It may even look like a porcupine. Milde (talk) 16:36, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
It could be based on Chestnut and Spin, which is related to Sonic the Hedgehog, since all of the other languages have something related to hedgehogs. No? Dragonace (talk) 20:13, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
I think Milde was right, is a porcupine (Spanish "puercoeSPIN") like the Kanto legendary birds ends with a spanish word.
--EricZangano (talk) 06:21, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
"Chespin" is also an anagram of the word "pinches." A rubbish anagram of it, but an anagram nonetheless. I'm aware that this particular nugget might currently be too banal even for an internet wiki, but if we ever find out it evolves into something called Chessnat, then hey - looks like I've got anagram corner covered. Especially since it does look a little bit like a chestnut. With a squirrel inside. Do all chestnuts have that? Constantmotion (talk) 02:29, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
- Japanese: From hedgehog and chestnut
- French: From hedgehog and chestnut
- German: From hedgehog and chestnut
- English: From chestnut and pin?
??? --PenBlooeR 04:24, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
Are we sure that's the gender ratio? We're not assuming it has Overgrow... --Abcboy (talk) 21:31, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
Following numbering tradition, can we assume that for now it's 650? --M.vit (talk) 23:08, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
- No, because Snivy isn't 494, Victini is. We can't make any assumptions. --Purimpopoie (talk) 23:12, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
- Plus for all we know they might change up the order. Doubt it but who knows until they actually reveal officially. ----NateVirus(Talk|Contributions) 00:43, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
Under Regional Pokédex numbers, why does it say Not in any regional Pokédex instead of unknown Pokédex since it has to be in a Pokédex and it is too early to put that it was not in one? PattyMan 23:30, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
Shouldn't we add that it appears to be based on a chestnut and possibly a porcupine or hedgehog?
--CoolDudeAl (talk) 01:30, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, it should also be trivia'd that it is the first grass starter not based off of a reptile. Chomper4 (talk) 03:04, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
"Was" vs. "were"
In the last sentence of the introduction, the word "were" should be replaced by "was" -- just a grammatical fix. EricDLee (talk) 02:12, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
Now my French isn't that great but marron is used to refer to the colour chestnut not the actual nut. châtaigne would be more accurate for the nut. Although Chespin would match the colour chestnut it might make good trivia.
- I had definitely heard of marron used to refer to chestnuts and, according to Wikipedia, it specifically refers to ones of high quality.--MisterE13 03:49, 10 January 2013 (UTC)