Please don't post about Charizard's gender being unknown. It's very annoying. Our policy is that the gender stays unknown until someone in the anime calls it a male or female.
- Archive 1 (discussions from January 14, 2007 – January 4, 2009)
- 1 Archives
- 2 Ability
- 3 Steel Wing
- 4 Protected?
- 5 Fly?
- 6 Mega Punch
- 7 Fire Spin?
- 8 Charizard Disobeying Ash
- 9 Uh, Oh...
- 10 Charizard's Gender
- 11 Charizard's voice in EP271
- 12 Fly
- 13 Can't Edit
- 14 Removed trivia?
- 15 Damian
- 16 Reopening the Fly discussion
- 17 Question
- 18 Rage
- 19 Lock
- 20 Unlock
- 21 BW116?
- 22 Charizard finally used a Flying-type move. Is it trivia worthy?
- 23 Left the Valley?
- 24 No picture with Ash
- 25 Seismic Toss
- 26 Charizard's Gender (male):
- 27 Voice Actor/actress
- 28 Moves Improvised
I'm not sure if it should be editted in, but since Charizard DO only have one ability, shouldn't Charizard's ability be listed as Blaze? Me and my fellow torchics agree on this - Sk8torchic. 16:27, 28 February 2009 (UTC)
- Unlike May's Blaziken and Ash's Chimchar, it has yet to show its ability in the anime. Yes, in the games, it has only one ability.. But since it's the anime, we are clueless of what the writers could do. D: ►Ҝəυzø8 16:30, 28 February 2009 (UTC)
Text says it used it in the fight against Kevin, table says in battle against Brandon. What's right? --×Impoleon xy× 16:40, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
Why is this page protected? I was just going to add a bit of trivia about it. Ghostkaiba297 07:08, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
- Someone keeps adding images. Try checking the article's history next time. :D tc²₆tc26 07:09, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
- Can an admin add that until Charizard Chills, Charizard only seems to want to obey Ash while fighting another Fire Pokemon? (Blaine's Magmar, Mewtwo's cloned Charizard, and Richie's Charmander) Ghostkaiba297 07:18, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
Unlike the situation with Ash's squirtle and Surf (Ash's squirtle has never outright used or was issued to use the move Surf) Ash's Charizard actually learned to fly with ash on its back in Charizards Burning Ambition. Although it has never been used in battle Charizard did explicitly learn it so should it be counted as a move it knows? -- D558 01:50, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
- I agree. Also, unless I'm mistaken, Ash has commanded charizard to "Use Fly!" on multiple occosions, especially in Fighting Flyer with Fire. I think someone should add it. --GEN1KING 01:37, 29 January 2010 (UTC)
- Nope, this issue has already been resolved before. See here. --rockersk08 01:40, 29 January 2010 (UTC)
- Actually if you watch "Charizard Chills" Ash says "Charizard Fly" which can be taken as Charizard using the fly move to get up out of range of attacks but(if it was in the game) missing with the next attack. Though truth be told a lot of the moves in the anime are way different to the games as in the anime Pikachu's Agility and Quick Attack are pretty much the same as Pikachu has always hit the opponent when using Agility. So in truth we probably shouldn't list attacks at all since they could be inaccurate.--Lycos Ex Mortis 11:00, 8 March 2010 (UTC)
- Nope, this issue has already been resolved before. See here. --rockersk08 01:40, 29 January 2010 (UTC)
Episode 32 of the season 1 The Ninja Poké-Showdown during the battle between Koga's Golbat and Ash's Charmander, was the first time Fire Spin was used by Ash's Charmander, not as Charizard in Fighting Flyer with Fire. - unsigned comment from Pookiemon (talk • contribs) --Pookiemon 21:51, 5 February 2010 (UTC)
Charizard Disobeying Ash
Can someone put a picture of Ash's CHarizard ingnoring his orders? I uploaded one but the admins removed it.
Pedraito 22:43, 8 March 2010 (UTC)
- I agree, Charizard either disobeying or attacking Ash has been a huge part of its character and would be appropriate for an image to be placed on here of either one. I have one from AG189 that would work well, and it's in good quality... Johno1995 03:05, 19 January 2011 (UTC)
Who changed the main picture of Ash's Charizard? I like it a lot better, but there was already a debate about this. I seriously hope this doesn't lead to another edit-war... --GEN1KING 04:11, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
Given that DP149 confirmed without a doubt that Pokémon of the same gender cannot fall in love then doesn't this mean that, due to the romance with Charla, Charizard is definitely male? Watchermark 16:57, 11 April 2010 (UTC)
- In that case, we do have proof that Ash's Torterra is a male Pokémon but we can't put it until or unless it is clearly said or mentioned in the anime. ♫♪AdyNiz♪♫ 17:03, 11 April 2010 (UTC)
- Look at this big note on the top bar of this discussion page.
- Please don't post about Charizard's gender being unknown. It's very annoying. Our policy is that the gender stays unknown until someone in the anime calls it a male or female.
- So, discussion ends here. Thank you. ♫♪AdyNiz♪♫ 17:06, 11 April 2010 (UTC)
Charizard's voice in EP271
I posted this at Talk:EP271, but figured that it would probably get more notice/traffic here. I was watching the raw version of EP271 (Ash's battle vs Harrison), and I noticed that the voice Charizard uses when it is sent out at the end is considerably different from the one used in the English dub in the same shot. As far as I'm aware Charizard's voice has been the same between the two versions throughout the series, with this one shot being the sole exception. Is there any information out there on who substituted Charizard's voice for this one shot, and why that change was made? It's probably worth noting in both articles if the information is out there. Matkin22 03:57, 10 September 2010 (UTC)
Is there a reason Charizard's page is locked, I can't find the edit button, so that's what I'm assuming has happened. There's just a minor grammer problem I was going to fix, nothing major. - Ash1Ketchum4 18:11, 17 February 2011 (UTC)
- The page is not locked, and the Edit buttons are next to each section heading like they're supposed to be, along with the "edit this page" tab at the top of the page. —Minimiscience 18:31, 17 February 2011 (UTC)
- Actually the page is locked for unestablished users. Certain pages have been subject to edit wars by newly registered users so they're protected so only established users may edit. Just point out what you'd like fixed here and someone should take care of it. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ 18:35, 17 February 2011 (UTC)
No Problem, in the History section in the 6th paragraph one of the sentences says, "Liza occasionally visit the..." It should be "Liza occasionally visits the..." Again it's nothing major, just a grammatical error I noticed. Thanks. - Ash1Ketchum4 18:59, 17 February 2011 (UTC)
- The reason the said trivia was removed was because we did a clean-out of all comparison trivia in articles expecially articles having to do with the anime. --Pokemaster97 02:25, 18 June 2011 (UTC)
On Damian's page the template of Charmander implies that it is male, despite on the main article, it says that Charizard's gender is unknown. Should I delete the male sign? --YoshisWorld 14:26, 14 July 2011 (UTC)YoshisWorld
Reopening the Fly discussion
Just a point of consistency on this website. Literally every single time a Pokemon is ordered to use its agility, this Wiki takes that to mean Agility, regardless of whether the Pokémon is able to use that move (Gary's Umbreon). However, in the battle between Charizard and Blastoise, Ash quite clearly ordered Charizard to "fly", which followed by Charizard flying into the air and then diving down to attack. Fly is obviously a hard one to place because of its status as a verb, but if we are classifying "agility" (which I maintain just means the same thing as "dodge it!") I believe that at least this instance should count for Fly. Toon Ganondorf (t c) 22:56, 8 October 2011 (UTC)
If Damian was Charmander's trainer, how does Ash was able to capture it? I mean, Damian was suppose to still have Charmander's pokéball, right? (and you can't capture a captured pokémon o.o --AfO 04:23, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- IIRC, Damien released Charmander.--ForceFire 04:27, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- I don't recall Damian officially releasing Charmander, but I think Pokemon can release themselves. Like they hint Snivy did, then the Frillish in BW037 releasing the contest Pokémon on her own. That being said, I think Charmander made it clear he didn't want to be Damian's Pokémon anymore, and released himself. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 04:31, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
I've mentioned on Talk:EP105 about the Rage/Dragon Rage discrepency. However, if I'm agreed with, can someone please help find the true debut of Dragon Rage? Toon Ganondorf (t c) 07:59, 6 November 2011 (UTC)
- As of now, it's just a rumor, so I say no. But I think it'd be best to take it up with Kenji-girl. Ataro (talk) 20:32, 9 December 2012 (UTC)
Shouldn't we put at the top that it will be unlocked once the Kanto festival episode airs since it is now confirmed that it is indeed Ash's Charizard that returns that episode??RBK (talk) 18:19, 12 February 2013 (UTC)
I can see why was the page locked (too many edit wars in this page), but you should have at least written "Ash' Charizard is going to reappear in BW116" already. It is confirmed! - unsigned comment from BlueWartortle (talk • contribs)
- We don't do that for Pokémon (say that they are set to reappear in such episode), even if it is confirmed. PattyMan 01:32, 2 March 2013 (UTC)
Charizard finally used a Flying-type move. Is it trivia worthy?
In BW116, Charizard finally used a Flying-type move (Wing Attack) for the first time. Is it trivia worthy to mention that Charizard learned a Flying-type move almost 20 years and 727 episodes after his evolution back in Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon? --PKMNAdventurer (talk) 17:16, 7 March 2013 (UTC)
- If we did this for Charizard, then we'd have to do it for every dual-typed Pokémon in the anime that hasn't used a move of one of their types. R.A. Hunter Blade 22:49, 7 March 2013 (UTC)
Left the Valley?
Is it safe to say at some point in time, Charizard finished its training in Charizard Valley and then went to Prof. Oak? Or is "speculation not allowed on this wiki"? Mr.Char (talk) 22:43, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
- No. Apparently, Charizard was sent to Oak from the Valley, most likely because it couldn't Fly to Unova.--電禅Den Zen 22:55, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
No picture with Ash
- I believe there was an image at one time for "with Ash", but it may have been removed. I think that this image has enough images that an image for "with Ash" really isn't necessary at this time. --Pokemaster97 20:15, 13 March 2013 (UTC)
Charizard's Gender (male):
In Pokémon official's site, I found a summary where it calls Charizard as a 'he': ChecK: http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/XOzelinkOX/media/1-1_zps639f37f7.png.html?sort=3&o=4 Also, watching BW season 2 episode 32 (where Charizards appears), there were many scenes where Ash addressed Charizard as 'he' and 'his'. LOOK: http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/XOzelinkOX/media/08b5c1b6-f5a4-4ba8-9a88-9783e2303b71_zpsb24742fa.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1 then at the right side there's a botton that says OPTION, click it and click DOWNLOAD and you'll see the image in full view.
- A) That website is for the dub only, not the original. We already note that it is confirmed male in the dub. B) Fan subs prove nothing. Gender pronouns do not exist in Japanese. C) While the infatuation strongly implies that it's male, it's still not concrete evidence. --ケンジのガール 06:09, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
- It's only listed as confirmed completely when it's confirmed in the original Japanese version. Otherwise it's listed as Charizard is now, unknown, but male in the dub. --It's Funktastic~!話してください 21:25, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
Hi, @Funktastic :): Check here: http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/XOzelinkOX/media/08b5c1b6-f5a4-4ba8-9a88-9783e2303b71_zpsb24742fa.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1 then at the right side there's a botton that says OPTION, click it and click DOWNLOAD and you'll see the image in full view.
- That's just the fansubber's mistake. You cannot call anybody "he" or "she" in Japanese.--電禅Den Zen 21:32, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
Watching the recent episodes again, anyone noticed that Charizard's roars sound different from previous episodes? I don't think it's Shin'ichirō_Miki voicing him in BW. Hitmonchan107 (talk) 05:58, 25 April 2013 (UTC)
Should there be a double Flamethrower under the Moves Improvised section from BW121? I'm asking because it has a similar thing where Monferno and Cyndaquil used it in DP147. - unsigned comment from Mokes1995 (talk • contribs)