This "Trivia" piece might be a stretch. You know how similar Aron and Sheildon are? Well, have you guys ever noticed that both their names are very close to human names? As in Aron-Aaron and Shieldon-Sheldon?
Please and Thank You! Littlmiget123 00:51, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
- Already there; name origin section. —darklordtrom 22:18, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
Sturdy Sandstorm combo?
Over on the TV Tropes wiki, a user proposed that in Generation V, because the "Sturdy" ability now functions similarly to the Focus Sash, there is a potentially deadly combo:
- Breed an Aron with Sturdy, Endeavor, and equip the Shell Bell on it.
- Create a Sandstorm in battle, then have Aron use Endeavor.
- If the opponent strikes first, Aron survives because it's Sturdy and has full HP.
- Endeavor then reduces the opponent to 1 HP; this counts as damage, causing the shell bell to restore Aron's on HP, potentially back to full.
- The sandstorm finishes the opponent off at end of turn.
- Possible to rinse and repeat for the remainder of battle.
Can anyone verify this? The obvious counter-tactics appear to be:
- Pokemon immune to Sandstorm
- Swipe moves
- Nullifying either Aron's ability (Mold Breaker, Skill Swap, etc.) or item (Knock Off, Embargo, etc.) prior to attack
--Stratelier 19:33, 31 January 2011 (UTC)
- Well, I have already an Aron like this waiting in a box, and everything you mentioned is true. An another Sturdy combo is level 2 Probopass with Leftovers and knowing Pain Split, Protect and Magic Coat.----無限の知性 ◎ ＤＥＮＮＯＵ◆ＺＥＮＳＨＩ 19:43, 31 January 2011 (UTC)
Gen VI Breeding Changes
- For when the template is updated to support Generation VI, Aron can get Stealth Rock from Tyrunt and Tyrantrum normally. No migration required. Sarysa (talk) 13:20, 8 November 2013 (UTC)
The basis for Aron is said to be a Korean mythical creature known as the Pulgasari, but it seems that the link links to a North Korean propaganda film. Either the basis is wrong, or there needs to be a better link. Thank you. TraxScrip813 (talk) 18:11, 19 March 2017 (UTC)