From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
The musketeer trio is a collective term to refer to the trio of Cobalon, Terrakion, and Virizion. There is also a fourth unofficial member known as Keldeo.
The group is based on the French novel The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas, père. Cobalon represents Athos, the oldest and de facto leader of the group. Terrakion represents Porthos, the strongest, heaviest, and largest member of the group. Virizion represents Aramis, the most feminine, vain, and romantic member of the group. Keldeo represents d'Artagnan, the youngest by far and the latest addition to the group. The group has challenged humans in legends in order to protect other Pokémon from losing their homes to human expansion.
All of the Pokémon share a secondary type, Template:Type2, and all share the ability Righteous Heart. Many of their moves refer to swordplay, something the musketeers specialized in, such as Swords Dance and their signature move, Sacred Sword.
Base stat comparison
- The musketeer trio are the only naturally Template:Type2 legendary Pokémon.
- Apart from Arceus holding the Fist Plate, they are the only quadrupedal Fighting type Pokémon.
- They are the only trio that only learns their STAB moves and Template:Type2 moves upon level up.
- All of musketeer members have HP and Speed stats of 91 and 108, respectively.
- They also have base stat values of 72-90-90-129, just distributed differently.
- Each member of the quartet specializes in a certain stat, with Cobalon in Defense, Terrakion in Attack, Virizion in Special Defense and Keldeo in Special Attack.
- With the introduction of Musketeer trio, 3 Pokémon lost their unique type combination - Lucario, Breloom and Poliwrath. The last member doesn't share type combination with any other Pokémon.