From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Art from Pokémon GO
| Eye color
| Hair color
| Trainer class
|| Team Instinct Leader
|| VI, VII
|| Pokémon GO
| Member of
|| Team Instinct
Spark (Japanese: スパーク Spark) is the leader of Team Instinct (Japanese: チームインスティンクト Team Instinct) in Pokémon GO. Team Instinct is researching Pokémon breeding, and is represented by Zapdos. Team Instinct Trainers believe a Pokémon's intuition is linked to how they are hatched.
He is one of Professor Willow's assistants, along with Blanche and Candela. Standing at over 6 feet tall, Spark is the tallest of the three team leaders. He likes to tease Blanche to get her flustered.
- "Hey! The name's Spark — the leader of Team Instinct. Pokemon are creatures with excellent intuition. I bet the secret to their intuition is related to how they're hatched. Come and join my team! You never lose when you trust your instincts!"
- Team GO Rocket invasion introduction (before battle)
- "I overheard that some shady characters have been showing up at PokéStops. I think you need to check it out, but be careful, I have a feeling you might end up in a battle!"
- Team GO Rocket invasion introduction (if battle lost)
- "Grass-type Pokémon are weak to Fire-, Ice-, Poison-, Flying-, and Bug-type attacks."
- Team GO Rocket invasion introduction (if battle won)
- "Whoa, looks like they couldn't handle a little battle! They even left behind their Pokémon. Why would they do that? I has a really odd aura arount it... Let's help it! Can you catch it so we can take a closer look?"'
- Team GO Rocket invasion introduction (after capture)
- "Oh! I remember Professor Willow talking about a process called purification! He said that it could help certain Pokémon become more powerful. Let's git it a shot!"
- Appraisal (before 0.149.0)
- "Hey, <player>! You want me to check out your <Pokémon>?"
- IV total
- 37-45: "Overall, your <Pokémon> looks like it can really battle with the best of them!"
- 30-36: "Overall, your <Pokémon> is really strong!"
- 23-29: "Overall, your <Pokémon> is pretty decent!"
- 0-22: "Overall, your <Pokémon> has room for improvement as far as battling goes."
- Best stat
- First: "Its best quality is its <stat>."
- If tie: "Its <stat> is great, too!"
- Highest IV
- 15: "Its stats are the best I've ever seen! No doubt about it!"
- 13-14: "Its stats are really strong! Impressive."
- 8-12: "It's definitely got some good stats. Definitely!"
- 0-7: "Its stats are all right, but kinda basic, as far as I can see."
- XS: "Wh-whoa. That's the tiniest <Pokémon> I've ever seen!"
- S: "Your <Pokémon> is a little small for its kind, don't you think?"
- L: "Your <Pokémon> is a BIG one!"
- XL: "Your <Pokémon> is just HUGE!"
- "That's what I think! See ya!"
- Prior battle
- "Get ready for an awesome battle! My Pokémon will show you their best moves!"
Spark uses the following Pokémon in Battle Training. His Pokémon's moves will be randomly chosen from their current move pool.
Prior to July 19, 2019
|| スパーク Spark
|| From spark
| English, French, German, Italian,
Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese
|| Same as Japanese name
|| 스파크 Spark
|| Same as Japanese name
| Chinese (Mandarin)
|| 史帕克 Shǐpàkè
|| Transliteration of his Japanese name
| Chinese (Cantonese)
|| 史帕克 Sípaakhāk
|| Mandarin-based transliteration of his Japanese name