From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Slow Start
| Slow Start
Slow Start (Japanese: スロースタート Slow Start) is an Ability introduced in Generation IV. It is the signature Ability of Regigigas.
Slow Start causes the Attack stat and Speed stat to be halved during the first five turns in battle. If this Pokémon is switched out, its stats will once again be halved for the first five turns when it is sent out again.
If Skill Swap, Gastro Acid or Worry Seed is used on this Pokémon, its stats will immediately return to full power. However, the user of Skill Swap will have its Attack and Speed stats halved.
In the Japanese version of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, removing Slow Start does not undo the Attack and Speed drop; it must still wait five turns. This was changed in translated versions as well as in Platinum.
Outside of battle
Slow Start has no effect outside of battle.
When the Pokémon enters a dungeon floor, its Movement Speed is reduced temporarily, but its Attack is not affected.
Pokémon with Slow Start
|| First Ability
|| Second Ability
|| Hidden Ability
|| Slow Start
| Please note that this is only 100% accurate to Generation VII games.
- For Generation III games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation IV or later and Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation IV games, ignore Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation V games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VI or later.
- For Generation VI games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VII.
In the manga
In the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure! manga
- In Pokémon Rumble Blast, Regigigas has the Special Trait-equivalent of Slow Start: Slow-Starting. Instead of going into full strength after an amount of time, it has to defeat 10 Pokémon to go to full strength.
In other languages