From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is about shipping.|
As hints and evidence for ships are mostly speculation, this page may contain personal points of view.
|| This article represents a ship between two Pokémon.
LagomorphShipping (Japanese: ピカミミ PikaMimi) is the belief in a romantic relationship between Ash's Pikachu and Dawn's Buneary. It is a considered rival of KrazyShipping. The name originates from Lagomorpha, the order that rabbits and pikas, Buneary and Pikachu's real-world counterparts, belong to. This is one-sided canon on Buneary's side, whose crush on Pikachu was a running feature in the Diamond and Pearl series; Pikachu has yet to reciprocate.
- Almost every time Buneary sees Pikachu, she has hearts in her eyes.
- Early on, Buneary has a habit of raising her fur to cover her face with whenever she sees Pikachu.
- Setting the World on its Buneary
- Buneary develops a crush after seeing Pikachu save a potato. At one point, she grabs Pikachu and starts dancing with him, causing Pikachu to yell and Buneary to cry. When Dawn asks Buneary if she wants to come along with them, Brock says, "You can spend time with Pikachu." Ash finishes with saying, "Looks like she'll like that."
- After Pikachu, Aipom, and Turtwig finish practicing, Buneary hops over and starts petting Pikachu.
- After Pikachu beats Roark's Onix, Buneary looks over at him with affection.
- Pikachu's impersonations of Ash, Brock and Dawn's Pokémon (Buneary included), resulted in a look of utter adulation from Buneary.
- When Pikachu grabs the ring that Piplup missed in a game of ring toss, he is able to rebound the ring on to the 100 point peg, after which Buneary happily showered him with adoration.
- Ash and Dawn have a Double Battle in Contest style, with Pikachu and Aipom versus Buizel and Buneary. However, Buneary's first instinct is to flirt with Pikachu, striking a pose and winking at him, until Dawn states, "This is an appeal battle, not a date."
- Buneary is walking away from Happiny to try to go through the maze by herself. Pikachu runs up to her and grabs her hand to try to get her to stop. This makes Buneary really happy and the three proceed to walk together, all the while the two hold hands together and Happiny being piggy-backed by Pikachu with Buneary comforting Happiny while she is being lulled to sleep, giving them the impression of being a small family.
Buneary's affection towards Pikachu
- When all the group's Pokémon are asleep, Buneary is seen with her arm around Pikachu.
- Buneary is massaging Pikachu's stomach after he and Ash became bloated from over-eating.
- Buneary turns around to wave to Pikachu after Dawn sends her onto the field before the battle begins between her and Maylene's Meditite.
- Pikachu's positive response to Buneary's new vest causes her to blush.
- After Ash's training is over Buneary blushes as she fawns and gushes over Pikachu.
- After the battle with Team Rocket, Buneary goes up to Pikachu and starts flirting with him. The flirting is obvious enough that May even pointed out that Buneary seems to like Pikachu.
- When Dawn and Buneary win the Hearthome Collection, Buneary hugs Pikachu.
- When hiding in the elevator and looking outside for Rotom, Buneary hides with Ash and Pikachu on the left, despite Piplup and Dawn hiding on the right side of the elevator. Also, when telling Brock about Rotom, once again, Buneary hides behind Pikachu.
- When Ash and Brock meet Dawn to congratulate her after her performance in the Daybreak Contest, Pikachu goes up to Buneary and congratulates her. She then hugs Pikachu.
- When the gang gets soaked by Piplup's Whirlpool, Buneary is seen holding Pikachu's tail.
- After Dawn releases all her Pokémon, Buneary blushes after seeing Pikachu, then cuddles up on him.
- Pikachu gave himself up to Team Rocket after failing to save Buneary. He then helped her to escape after.
- When he yelled at Buneary for grabbing and dancing with him she started to cry. He then attempted to comfort her.
- Pikachu waves back to Buneary in an encouraging manner before she battles against Meditite.
- Pikachu compliments Buneary's new vest.
- When Buneary comes up to Pikachu to flirt with him, Pikachu begins to blush. However, this can be taken as a sign of embarrassment, because Pikachu looked uneasy and sheepish afterward.
- When Ash and Brock meet Dawn to congratulate her after her performance in the Daybreak Contest, Pikachu goes up to Buneary and congratulates her.
- Buneary appears a bit shy around Pikachu after reuniting with him in Undella Town. He spots her hiding behind Mamoswine's leg and calls out to her happily. This gives Buneary back her nerve and she snuggles up to Pikachu with him appearing happy as well.
- The pair are seen together cheering for Dawn at the Contest in Floaroma Town.
- A wild Phione became jealous of the relationship between Buneary and Pikachu.
- After Ash and Pikachu were returned to the real world by Giratina, Pikachu and Buneary danced with each other, happy to see each other again.
- When the rocket falls towards the land after the parachute burned out, they were seen holding hands with terror.
- After Buneary and Buizel used Ice Beam and Water Gun respectively to let Ash, Dawn, and others to cross the stairs of the Space-Time Towers, and Pikachu thanked Buneary, Buneary pulled up her fur to hide her blushing away from Pikachu.
- At the end of the theme, Pikachu points to the up arrow, Croagunk points to the right arrow, Piplup points to the down arrow, and Buneary points to the right arrow, respectively. Each arrow reveals a different image, and in the image on the right, Buneary is snuggling with Pikachu and she has hearts for eyes. She is also seen winking in a flirtatious manner.
- In the games, Buneary and Pikachu are both in the Field Egg Group, and therefore can breed.
- Many supporters of this shipping use it as evidence of PearlShipping (Ash and Dawn), in a similar fashion to how people use VineShipping as evidence of AdvanceShipping; Professor Oak once stated that the feelings of a Trainer are reflected by their Pokémon. As such, if two Pokémon fall in love, the Trainers will too. However, if Dawn has a crush on Ash, she is to date being a lot more subtle about it than Buneary is about her feelings for Pikachu. Some will also point out that Buneary had a crush on Pikachu before Dawn caught her.
- Both were target of a crush from a genderless Pokémon which both were rejected: a Magnemite had a crush on Pikachu in Sparks Fly for Magnemite, and a Phione had a crush on Buneary in Hold the Phione!.
- Both have been able to defeat legendary Pokémon, Pikachu defeating Brandon's Regice in Pace - The Final Frontier! and Buneary defeating a wild Phione in Hold the Phione!, though Phione's legendary status is under dispute.
- DP076 - After the battle, May notices Buneary fawning over Pikachu, to which Dawn replies, "Buneary's a big fan."