From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is about shipping.|
As hints and evidence for ships are mostly speculation, this page may contain personal points of view.
ColosseumShipping (Japanese: レオミレ LeoMire) is the belief that Wes and Rui are a romantic couple. The name stems from the fact that they are the two main characters of Pokémon Colosseum.
There are a few hints for this pairing, though none from the side of Wes, who never speaks.
- To start off, after her initial shock, Rui doesn't seem to mind very much that Wes is a former member of Team Snagem.
- Some time at the beginning of the game, Rui refers to Wes as "the gallant prince who rescued her".
- The two are called "lovebirds" multiple times, with no objection (however, they gave no confirmation, either).
- Various NPCs either refer to them as a cute couple or ask if Wes has gotten a girlfriend, or use other similar lines.
- Finally, at the battle with Ein in Realgam Tower, Ein comments that Wes and Rui have shown up "hand-in-hand", though this isn't shown on-screen and is likely a taunt.