From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Rydel (Japanese: カゼノ Kazeno) is a character in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald who owns the Mauville City Bicycle Shop.
In the games
When the player visits his bike shop, he will see how dirty the player's Running Shoes are and will give a free Mach Bike or Acro Bike to them, and allow them to exchange one bike for the other freely. Much like the bicycle shop in Goldenrod City, Rydel uses the player to advertise his shop; as another biker points out, the bike has Rydel's name printed all over it.
- "Well, well, what have we here? A most energetic customer! Me? You may call me Rydel. I'm the owner of this cycle shop."
- "Your Running Shoes… They're awfully filthy. Did you come from far away?"
- Yes: "Hm, hm… … … … … You're saying that you came all this way from Littleroot? My goodness! That's ridiculously far! If you had one of my Bikes, you could go anywhere easily while feeling the gentle caress of the wind! I'll tell you what! I'll give you a Bike! Oh, wait a second! I forgot to tell you that there are two kinds of Bikes! They are the Mach Bike and the Acro Bike! The Mach Bike is for cyclists who want to feel the wind with their bodies! And an Acro Bike is for those who prefer technical rides! I'm a real sweetheart, so you can have whichever one you like! Which one will you choose?"
- No: "Is that right? Then, I guess you have no need for any of my Bikes."
- "If you get the urge to switch Bikes, just come see me!"
In the manga
In the Pokémon Ruby-Sapphire manga
Rydel appears in Serious Bicycle Match! of the Pokémon Ruby-Sapphire manga. Similar to the games, he is the owner of the bike shop. He doesn't like it when someone tries to destroy his bicycles. When Red met a Trainer who excels at biking, Rydel decides to host a race between the Trainer who uses a Golem, Machamp and Slaking and Red who uses his usual three.
|| カゼノ Kazeno
|| Literally means "of the wind" or "windy".
|| Refers to ride.
|| From Rad, bike.
|| From bicicletta, bike.
|| From bicicleta, bike.