From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Pressure (Japanese: プレッシャー Pressure) is an Ability introduced in Generation III. Twenty-five Pokémon can have this Ability, a majority of them legendary.
When a Pokémon with Pressure is targeted by a foe's move, one additional PP is deducted upon execution. Consequently, extra PP is deducted even if the foe's move misses, has multiple targets, or is rendered ineffective due to immunity.
If the move of a Pokémon targets several foes with Pressure, one additional PP will be deducted for each one.
This Ability isn't affected by Teravolt and Turboblaze.
As of Generation IV, one is alerted to the presence of Pressure by the message "<name> is exerting its Pressure!"
In Generation IV, Pressure increases PP usage of moves executed not only by foes, but also by Double Battle allies. This does not happen in Generation V.
Outside of battle
From Pokémon Emerald onwards, if a Pokémon with Pressure is leading the party, then Pressure increases the chance of battling a higher-leveled wild Pokémon by 50%. See also Hustle and Vital Spirit.
Pokémon with Pressure
Pokéstar Studios Pokémon with Pressure
|| First Ability
|| Second Ability
|| Hidden Ability
| Please note that this is only 100% accurate to Generation VII games.
- For Generation III games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation IV or later and Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation IV games, ignore Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation V games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VI or later.
- For Generation VI games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VII.
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
| The opponent cannot use powerful attacks more than once.
|| First Chapter Used In
|| The opponent attacking Deoxys can only use a powerful attack once.
| Entity Two
|| Deoxys Gets Down
- Pressure is shared by all members of both the legendary birds and legendary beasts, including their trio masters. All members of the creation trio can also have Pressure. This makes it the most common ability amongst legendaries.
- Wailmer and Pawniard are the only non-evolved nor fully evolved Pokémon that have Pressure as their Abilities, and both can only have this ability when obtained from the Dream World.
In other languages