Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check the Bulbagarden home page for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the forums or in the Bulbagarden Discord server.
Porydonk is a deck archetype in the Pokémon Trading Card Game based around the cards Porygon2, Drifblim, and Seeker. It uses the Unlimited format due to its main cards being released at different legal formats.
A rule change on November 8, 2013 restricted players from using attacks on the game's first turn, limiting the effectiveness of this deck against "donk" archetypes that don't rely on this mechanic and other matches in general.
Porydonk uses a variety of Trainer cards such as Professor Oak and Computer Search to allow a super fast set-up of the deck. The player then uses Porygon2's Download Poké-POWER to discard a Seeker, targeting itself in the process and forcing the opponent to send back a Benched Pokémon back to its hand. Porygon2 can be played right back thanks to Broken Time-Space, and the process can be repeated.
Once the opponent has no remaining Benched Pokémon, Drifblim will attack with Take Away, leaving no Pokémon on the opponent's field.
- Porygon2 - When put into play, Porygon2's Download Poké-POWER allows the use of more than one Supporter card in a turn.
- Drifblim - Its Take Away attack shuffles back both Drifblim and the defending Pokémon into their decks.
- Uxie - A common Pokémon in the Unlimited format, it allows the player to draw cards until they have seven cards in their hand.
- Regice - Counters a Spiritomb start, if the opponent has another Pokémon on its Bench.
- Seeker - Forces both players to put a benched Pokémon back to their hand.
- Lysandre's Trump Card - Allows the player to re-cycle through the deck and attempt a second chance if the donk is missed.
- Broken Time-Space - Allows the player to evolve its Pokémon on the same turn they are played; this is needed to evolve on the first turn, and to play several Seeker in a row with Porygon2.
- Boost Energy - Allows Drifblim to use a single energy for Take Away.
Typical deck list
The deck list appearing below is not official; it is meant to represent an average build of the archetype, not specifically constructed for any regional metagame. Being that this is merely an archetype, a player may wish to change any part of this deck when building his or her own version.
|4×||Scoop Up Net||I|
|4×||Poké Drawer +||T|
|1×||Lysandre's Trump Card||Su|
Variable tech cards
These are cards that may or may not be in the deck build depending on the player's style:
- Celebi ex - Retrieves cards from the discard pile to the player's hand
- Mr. Fuji - Allows the player to shuffle a Benched Pokémon into the deck. This is useful for making more room on the Bench.
- Swoop! Teleporter - Switches a Basic Pokémon in play with a Basic Pokémon in the deck.
Porydonk uses the Unlimited Format; therefore, it is not tournament legal. It is played at home, in unsanctioned tournaments, and at leagues where permitted.
|This article is part of Project TCG, a Bulbapedia project that aims to report on every aspect of the Pokémon Trading Card Game.|