Check the Bulbagarden home page for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the forums or in the Bulbagarden Discord server.
Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
|Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen: Prima's Official Strategy Guide|
|Published:||September 14, 2004|
|Preceded By:||Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire: Prima's Official Strategy Guide|
|Succeeded By:||Pokémon Emerald: Prima's Official Strategy Guide|
Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen: Prima's Official Strategy Guide is a guidebook for Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen published by Prima Games in September 2004.
Catch 'Em All Over Again!
- Extensive strategy for new and veteran Pokémaniacs
- Massive walkthrough with stats on every enemy
- Exclusive maps to help you navigate each area
- Detailed battle tactics for dominating your Pokémon® Ruby & Sapphire—playing friends!
- Essential PokéDex, featuring stats and how to catch them
The guide begins with an introduction to FireRed and LeafGreen and introduces type matchups. This section also gives an overview of activities and different aspects in the Pokémon world, such as Tall grass, Fishing, and Surfing. It gives detailed instructions regarding the player's journey from Pallet Town and is organized with events in numerical order. The guide also lists the available Pokémon on each route and their rarity as well as the parties and levels of every Trainer's Pokémon. The guide covers all eight Gyms, all Rival battles, the Elite Four, and the events on the first seven of the Sevii Islands. In the back, there is a complete Kanto and Johto Pokédex as well as a list of TMs, HMs, and Berries.
- The section detailing Koga on page 44 states that Psychic, Fire, and Rock are strongest against Poison-types. Poison-types are actually weak to Psychic and Ground while taking neutral damage from Fire and Rock.
- On page 53, the guide states that an Electric Pokémon would easily defeat Giovanni's Nidoqueen. This is incorrect, as Nidoqueen is part Ground-type and is therefore immune to Electric attacks.
- On page 65, the use of Electric-type attacks are recommended against Lance's two Dragonair. However, Dragonair is resistant to Electric.
- The Pokédex entry for Pineco says it can be found in the Cave of Origin in FireRed. The guide likely meant to say Altering Cave, but Pineco can only be found there with an event distribution that was never distributed.
|This book article is part of Project Merchandise, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on all Pokémon toys, dolls, books, and collectible merchandise.|