Pokémon Super Extra Deluxe Essential Handbook
|Pokémon Super Extra Deluxe Essential Handbook|
|Published:||September 1, 2021|
|Preceded By:||Pokémon Handbook to the Galar Region|
|Succeeded By:||Pokémon Scarlet & Violet Handbook|
The Pokémon Super Extra Deluxe Essential Handbook is an edition of The Official Pokémon Handbook series that was published by Scholastic on September 1, 2021. It serves as a paper form of the National Pokédex for all 890 Pokémon known at the time in alphabetical order, excluding Kubfu, Urshifu, Zarude, Regieleki, Regidrago, Glastrier, Spectrier, and Calyrex, as well as Galarian Forms of Slowpoke, Slowbro, Slowking, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. The alternate forms of Arceus, Darmanitan, Vivillon, Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist, Silvally, Mimikyu, Cramorant, Sinistea, Polteageist, Alcremie, and Eiscue are also missing. The book is 560 pages long.
- SUPER EXTRA
- ESSENTIAL HANDBOOK
- Your comprehensive guide to over 875 Pokémon
- from every known region!
- Kanto • Johto • Hoenn • Sinnoh • Unova
- Kalos • Alola • Galar
- In this book, you'll find:
- And much, much more! This handbook is jam-packed
- with the facts and figures you need to become a
- Pokémon expert.
- Gotta catch 'em all
The entries for each Pokémon are in an easy-to-read page setup. A page may be devoted to one or two Pokémon. If a Pokémon has a Mega Evolution, it is listed immediately afterwards. Regional forms are listed after their original counterpart. If a Pokémon has a Gigantamax form, the Pokédex entry of the Gigantamax Pokémon is listed afterwards, although there is no image of the Gigantamax form.
Each Pokémon has the following information below its name:
- Description (based on its Pokédex entry)
- How to say it
- Imperial Height
- Imperial Weight
- Metric Height
- Metric Weight
- Possible Moves (moves the Pokémon will learn by leveling up) - Pokémon introduced after version 1.0.0 of Pokémon Sword and Shield have their Generation VII moveset listed instead.
Image and other information
Each Pokémon has an anime-style picture on its page. Legendary, Mythical Pokémon and Ultra Beasts are labelled as such under the colored bar and there is a glow around the Pokémon.
At the very bottom of a Pokémon's entry is a diagram of its evolutionary family, including the Pokémon's Mega Evolution. Pokémon that do not evolve instead have the words "Does not evolve". A Pokémon that is on one side of a branched evolution will show itself, and the Pokémon it evolved from, but not the other side of the branch.
- Unown's exclamation and question mark forms are omitted, despite having existed years before the book was printed.
- Dusknoir's region is listed as Hoenn instead of Sinnoh.
- Braixen's region is listed as Johto instead of Central Kalos.
- Clobbopus is listed as Normal-type instead of Fighting-type.
- Coalossal is listed as pure Fire-type instead of Rock/Fire.
- Dubwool is listed as Ground-type instead of Normal-type.
- Dottler is listed as Bug-type instead of Bug/Psychic.
|This book article is part of Project Merchandise, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on all Pokémon toys, dolls, books, and collectible merchandise.|