From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Revision as of 17:59, 2 February 2019
The Pokémon Super Deluxe Essential Handbook is an edition of The Official Pokémon Handbook series that was published by Scholastic on July 31, 2018. It serves as a paper form of the National Pokédex for all 806 Pokémon known at the time in alphabetical order, excluding Zeraora, as well as alternate forms of Rotom and Necrozma. The book is 496 pages long.
- SUPER DELUXE
- ESSENTIAL HANDBOOK
- If you want to catch 'em all, you gotta have this
- essential guide to the world of Pokémon.
- Your favorite characters from every known region
- are all inside this book! You'll find
- plus much, much more.
- The Super Deluxe Essential Handbook is
- jam-packed with all the facts and figures you need
- to become a Pokémon expert.
- It's your comprehensive guide
- to over 800 characters!
The entries for each Pokémon are in an easy-to-read page setup. Each Pokémon has either an entire page to itself, or shares a page with another Pokémon. If a Pokémon has a Mega Evolution, it is listed immediately afterwards. Alolan Pokémon are listed after their Kantonian counterpart.
Each entry is topped with a colored bar. These bars have the Pokémon's name, category and regions they can be found in (either Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos [Central, Coastal or Mountain], or Alola).
Each Pokémon has the following stats below its name:
- Description (based on its Pokédex entry)
- How to say it
- Imperial Height
- Imperial Weight
- Metric Height
- Metric Weight
- Possible Moves (moves the Pokémon will learn by leveling up)
Image and other information
Each Pokémon has an anime-style picture on its page. Legendary, Mythical Pokémon and Ultra Beasts are labelled as such under the colored bar and there is a glow around the Pokémon.
At the very bottom of a Pokémon's entry is a diagram of its evolutionary family, including the Pokémon's Mega Evolution. Pokémon that do not evolve instead have the words "Does not evolve". A Pokémon that is on one side of a branched evolution will show itself, and the Pokémon it evolved from, but not the other side of the branch.
- Unown's exclamation and question mark forms are omitted, despite having existed years before the book was printed.
- This is the first handbook to include the Therian Formes of the Forces of Nature.
- The book uses entries from Pokémon Alola Region Handbook for Pokémon who didn't originate in Alola (including non-Alolan forms), replacing those that had been used in most books.
- New ones have also been written for those featured in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
|| This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Complete listing of missing attacks, page numbers.