From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- This article is about the Professors specializing in Pokémon. For the TCG tournament term, see Professor Program (TCG).
A Pokémon Professor (Japanese: ポケモン博士 Pokémon Expert) is considered an expert on Pokémon in his or her respective region. Pokémon Professors are often researchers as well, and many times they are the ones responsible for distributing Pokédexes and giving Trainers their first Pokémon.
Several known Pokémon Professors have had reports published in Pokémon Researchers Monthly. Pokémon Professor is also a Trainer class used by Augustine Sycamore in Pokémon X and Y and Kukui in Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon.
List of Pokémon Professors
Others in the core series
- Captain Stern, a leading oceanographer from Hoenn's Slateport City.
- Professor Cozmo, a meteoriticist of Fallarbor Town.
- Fennel of Striaton City, Unova, Professor Juniper's friend who specializes in studying Pokémon Trainers, as well as studying Pokémon dreams.
- Cedric Juniper of the Unova region, Professor Juniper's father who used to be a Pokémon researcher. He studies Pokémon distribution and biology.
- Samson Oak, Professor Oak's cousin of the Alola region, who studies regional variants and Totem Pokémon.
- Professor Andrew Park, who runs the Poké Transfer Lab.
- Colress, a researcher who studies Pokémon strength.
- Professor Silktree, mentioned in a note on the PC in the Ruins of Alph in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver as the founder of the Research Center.
- Bugsy, the Gym Leader of the Azalea Gym, is not only a Bug-type specialist, but also a researcher of Bug-type Pokémon.
- Bill, a Pokémon Researcher and expert in many fields.
- Kurt, a Apricorn Poké Ball maker who also studies Poké Ball mechanics.
- Professor Burnet, who studies the relationship between Pokémon and other dimensions from the Dimensional Research Lab
- Mohn, a former professor at the Aether Foundation, and the one who first confirmed the existence of Ultra Wormholes and Ultra Beasts.
Other fields of study
In the anime
Other professors, scientists, and researchers introduced in the anime include:
- Dr. Fuji, creator of Mewtwo.
- Professor Westwood V of the Seafoam Islands, Kanto, a Pokédex programmer.
- Professor Ivy of the Orange Archipelago, who studies the regional differences between Pokémon.
- Gary Oak of Pallet Town, Kanto, a Pokémon researcher known to have researched Fossil Pokémon, successfully resurrecting a living Aerodactyl and researching the habitat of supposedly extinct Shieldon. He has also shown interest in the Legendary Pokémon of Sinnoh.
- Dr. Gordon of Saffron City, Kanto, Pokémon inventions specialist.
- Professor Jacuzzi, Gulpin specialist.
- Professor Lund of LaRousse City, Hoenn, the leading authority on Deoxys.
- Professor Kodama, inventor of the "Affinity enabler".
- Dr. Namba, a Team Rocket scientist.
- Dr. Wiseman, a researcher of Shiny Pokémon.
- Isaiah, studies Clamperl and its pearls.
- Marie and Pierre, currently co-writing a research paper on whether Sudowoodo is a Rock-type or a Grass-type.
- Naomi, studies communication between Water-type Pokémon, specifically Lapras.
- Luna Carson, studies Pokémon habitats from her home in Purity Canyon.
Other fields of Pokémon study
Pokémon computer scientists
- Eve, discoverer of the ancient lost city of Pokémopolis.
- Professor Telesu, who was doing research on hieroglyphics near a Slowpoke colony.
- Tierra, excavator of an ancient city that was ruled by a queen in Johto.
- Professor Hale of Greenfield, Johto, who researched rare and Legendary Pokémon including the Unown.
- Professor Alden of Oldale Town, Hoenn, who studied ancient ruins in Hoenn.
- Professor Carolina of Celestic Town, Sinnoh, head of the Celestic Town Historical Research Center.
- Ferris and Sierra, amateur archaeologists that study Unova's Twist Mountain.
Other fields of study
- Dr. Anna, operates a clinic and uses her Pokémon to help people's health.
- Dr. Proctor, runs a hospital for people.
- Cullen Calix, studies medicine and works at the Pokémon Institute.
In the manga
Other professors, scientists, and researchers introduced in the various manga include:
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
Apart from the main Professors of each region, there are also two notable Pokémon researchers, Professor Yanase Berlitz of the Sinnoh region who researched ways to control Legendary Pokémon such as Rayquaza, and Mr. Berlitz, her husband. Currently both of them work as Professor Rowan's assistants.
- All core series Professors, along with Professor Willow, are named after a type of tree.
In other languages
|| 寶可夢博士 Pokémon Boksih *|
小精靈博士 Síujīnglìhng Boksih *
|| 寶可夢博士 / 宝可梦博士 Pokémon Bóshì *|
神奇寶貝博士 / 神奇宝贝博士 Shénqí-baǒbeì Bóshì *
|| Pokémon professor
|| Pokémon Professor
|| Professeur Pokémon
|| Pokémon professzor
|| Professore Pokémon
|| 포켓몬 박사 Pokémon Baksa
|| Pokémon professor
|| Profesor Pokémonów
|| Professor Pokémon
|| Профессор Покемонов Professor Pokémonov
|| Profesor Pokémon
|| Giáo sư Pokémon