From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
The Pokémon Classic Collector's Handbook is an edition of The Official Pokémon Handbook series that was published by Scholastic on December 27, 2016. It serves as an updated version of the The Official Pokémon Handbook, containing entries for all of the original 151 Generation I Pokémon, including Mew. The book is 128 pages long.
- CLASSIC COLLECTOR'S HANDBOOK
- If you want to be a Pokémon Trainer, you've got to
- catch this revised and updated Classic Collector's
- Handbook! It's the must-have guide to the original
- 151 Pokémon! Check out what's inside...
- Stats and facts on Pokémon,
from Bulbasaur to Mewtwo
- A bonus poster featuring
all 151 Pokémon
- Insider info on moves,
types, and Evolution
- ...and much, much more.
- It's your essential guide to
- the world of Pokémon!
The entries for each Pokémon are in an easy-to-read page setup. Each Pokémon has either an entire page to itself, or shares a page with another Pokémon. The Pokémon's name is at the top of the entry, with the category written underneath it.
Each Pokémon has the following stats below its name:
- How to say it
- Height (imperial and metric)
- Weight (imperial and metric)
- Possible Moves (moves the Pokémon will learn by leveling up)
Image and other information
Each Pokémon has an anime-style picture on its page. Legendary and Mythical Pokémon are labeled as such along the outer margin of the page.
At the very bottom of a Pokémon's entry is a diagram of its evolutionary family. Pokémon that do not evolve instead have the words "Does not evolve". A Pokémon that is on one side of a branched evolution will show itself, and the Pokémon it evolved from, but not the other side of the branch. Any evolutions or pre-evolutions introduced in later generations are not included.