From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- First published in Japan by Shōgakukan: August 8, 2001
- First published in Singapore by Chuang-Yi: September 2003
- Gold's Togepi hatches.
- Gold and Silver battle the Masked Man and loses.
- Green becomes a Gym Leader.
- Red leaves Pika with Yellow.
This is Silver's Pokédex information and party at the end of this volume.
- Gym badges: 4
- Pokémon seen: 54
- Pokémon owned: 10
- This is the last volume where Mato is the manga's illustrator.
- There are a few errors in the brief description of volume 9:
- The Pokédex is said shown to be a new gadget but it is not.
- Bill is mentioned as a new character.
- It also says that Crystal is a shadow.
- Also, says that Yellow becomes the owner of the third Pokédex when in fact Crystal is the owner.
- When Silver's party is explained at the end of the book, there are six errors:
- Silver's Sneasel is referred to Sneasal.
- Kingdra was referred to as Kingora.
- Tyranitar was also referred to as Kingora.
- The Template:Type2 was referred to as the Evil-type.
- Sneasel only had one type (the Evil type), though it is also part Template:Type2.
- Kingdra's trainer was listed as Dragon, instead of its secondary type being Dragon.
- It should be noted that most, if not all, of these errors are due to Chuang Yi literally translating the names, instead of doing proper research.