Pokémon 25th Anniversary
The entire year of 2021 is set to be celebrated as Pokémon's 25th Anniversary, as February 27, 2021 marks the twenty-fifth anniversary of the original Japanese release of Pokémon Red and Green Versions, and therefore the twenty-fifth anniversary of the Pokémon media franchise as a whole.
- Main article: P25 Music
A yearlong campaign titled P25 Music was created as a collaboration between The Pokémon Company International and Universal Music Group and Brands for the 25th anniversary. Participating artists include Katy Perry and Post Malone.
Trading Card Game
A collection of Jumbo cards featuring starters was released throughout the year. The cards are all reprints of their respective Pokémon's first released card with the 25th Anniversary logo added. A binder to hold them was the first item released on February 26 and included the Pikachu card. First Partner Packs were released in subsequent months, with three cards per pack, ordered by generation.
- Pokémon Teases Upcoming 25th Anniversary Celebrations - The Pokémon Company International (retrieved February 13, 2021)
- Pokémon Unveils Virtual Music Concert With Post Malone To Celebrate 25th Anniversary - The Pokémon Company International (retrieved February 13, 2021)
- Pokémon Celebrates 25 Years With Massive Music Program And Activations Across The Franchise - The Pokémon Company International (retrieved February 13, 2021)
- Collect 25th Anniversary Pokémon TCG Cards in McDonald’s Happy Meals - pokemon.com (retrieved February 13, 2021)
- Levi's x Pokémon - The Pokémon Company International (retrieved February 13, 2021)